1973 MARK IV project

This area is for members who are restoring their Lincolns or any other project that they wish to discuss and document with fellow forum members. You can link to your own off-site page or post all your pics and progress in the thread itself. Customizers should use the Customizer Members' Projects forum.
hotrod429
Frequent Contributor

Re: 1973 MARK IV project

Post by hotrod429 »

Still alive and kicking over here.

Got the Lincoln washed up and ready for our big trip.

Last year, I sold my house in California and bought some acreage in Indiana. I have already got most of my stuff moved to Indiana but am now taking the Lincoln and the rest of my stuff.

Here’s a pic after a much much needed bath lol.
Attachments
CE807CD8-8F5E-4E85-93CF-9392C2299E23.jpeg
1973 MK IV. Finally back on the road :)
action
LCOC Regional Director

Post by action »

I have heard about the California flight.
Interesting you are moving now.

Action
Phoenix - Yeah, it's hot, however it's a dry heat
2006 Lincoln Navigator Limited 5.4l 3V
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2DR Coupe Diamond Anniversary 4.6l DOHC, 4R70W, 3.07
1970 Continental Mark III Triple Black 460 4v, C6, 2.80 (Used for Woodward Dream Cruise or just generally stored in Michigan)
1966 Lincoln Continental 4DR Convertible 462 4v, C6, 3.00
1966 Mercury Park Lane 4DR Breezeway 410 4v, C6, 2.80
hotrod429
Frequent Contributor

Post by hotrod429 »

action wrote:I have heard about the California flight.
Interesting you are moving now.

Action
I’ve been wanting out of California for years.

And for years I have tried.

But I found (my GF actually found) a 3 bd 2 bath house on 5 acres with a 2 car attached and 2.5 car detached shop. They were asking $89k and it was sitting. So I offered $40k cash, and they countered at $55k because the lady needed to clear $50k. So I gave $55k cash For a piece of property that would be $500k in California lol. Plus I’m in the middle of nowhere. The silence is absolutely wonderful. Plus the neighbor has a firing range on his property :D Definitely something I couldn’t do in California. I feel like I’m finally home.

Plus I got tired of code enforcement, parking enforcement, and other California issues, I’m not gonna get into lol

Though my first choice would have been Nevada or Arizona, but too many Californians have been moving there. I fear that soon those places will be California 2.0 and 3.0 soon enough.

I’m just happy to finally have a garage to work out of, and not live on a dirt road!
action
LCOC Regional Director

Post by action »

hotrod429 wrote:
Plus I got tired of code enforcement, parking enforcement, and other California issues, I’m not gonna get into lol

Though my first choice would have been Nevada or Arizona, but too many Californians have been moving there. I fear that soon those places will be California 2.0 and 3.0 soon enough.

I’m just happy to finally have a garage to work out of, and not live on a dirt road!
I hear ya!!!! The price of things there (especially Real Estate) is silly in my opinion.

My job when I first got into it, required me to live in an urban area. (now not so much) Near the ocean would have been great and I understand the draw to coastal areas of CA. For me it is just too many people. So Phoenix was a good place with no snow. Where I live is VERY urban. However it is an older neighborhood built in the 1950s, no HOA, no parking/code issues as you described above. (That you won't get into and that is OK because I understand fully!)

I have been to CA and seen the letters in the resturant windows and the Prop 65 disclosures and other hoopla. That ocean isn't worth the hassle, added taxes, fees and crap especially when Rocky Point is close.

There is a concern here that you voiced. And that is people fleeing CA and bringing with them their thought process. I have been in AZ for 30 years and the collective thought process has shifted some. Just not yet to the degree it is over there. There needs to be a mandatory education class for people coming from there. The topic of which is if it did not work there and you left, don't create the same thing here. Because it isn't gonna work here either.

Glad you are good

Action
Phoenix - Yeah, it's hot, however it's a dry heat
2006 Lincoln Navigator Limited 5.4l 3V
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2DR Coupe Diamond Anniversary 4.6l DOHC, 4R70W, 3.07
1970 Continental Mark III Triple Black 460 4v, C6, 2.80 (Used for Woodward Dream Cruise or just generally stored in Michigan)
1966 Lincoln Continental 4DR Convertible 462 4v, C6, 3.00
1966 Mercury Park Lane 4DR Breezeway 410 4v, C6, 2.80
hotrod429
Frequent Contributor

Post by hotrod429 »

Got the Lincoln loaded.

Not “done” just got dark and I needed to close up and lock the trailer.

Tomorrow I will be doing a major reorganization to get everything to fit better without touching.

Hope to be on the road by next week. And hope even more that my truck can handle the weight lol.
Attachments
428A1809-81D8-4119-8EC3-BB5D1318E140.jpeg
EC2267A0-B106-47A9-995A-931C400D6A2C.jpeg
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

That's a lot of K to lug. Here's hoping the Dodge can carry that weight. If it's rated for 3 tons or more, then it should; just don't try outpacing any crotch-rockets.

Congratulations in getting out of Cali, especially with a really good deal on Indy property. I mean, $55Gs for 5 acres and all that house and garage space?? I should be so lucky.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
hotrod429
Frequent Contributor

Post by hotrod429 »

TonyC wrote:That's a lot of K to lug. Here's hoping the Dodge can carry that weight. If it's rated for 3 tons or more, then it should; just don't try outpacing any crotch-rockets.

Congratulations in getting out of Cali, especially with a really good deal on Indy property. I mean, $55Gs for 5 acres and all that house and garage space?? I should be so lucky.

---Tony
I’ve made the trip already 3 or 4 times. I had to have a new transmission and transfer case put in after the second time lol but I think that there were other issues that caused that needing done.

Dunno how well a panoramic pic will look on a computer, but here is a shot of my back yard, left to right, ending at the shop. This is half the 3 acre plot the house in on. I have a stream that runs through the front of the property and have another 2 acres in the other side.

The house needs work, but I’m okay with that. Anything to get out of California!!
Attachments
01155C6D-AFAA-4FEA-9661-785C86B0297A.jpeg