The 1962 Lincoln Continental Project

This area is for members who are restoring their Lincolns or any other project that they wish to discuss and document with fellow forum members. You can link to your own off-site page or post all your pics and progress in the thread itself. Customizers should use the Customizer Members' Projects forum.
jesse_emel
Lincoln Maniac

Re: The 1962 Lincoln Continental Project

Post by jesse_emel »

navguy12 wrote:Just finished showing this to my brother and he thinks it's looking really great as well. Love the shaved door handles!
Thanks "navguy12 and bro" I know you have been following pretty much since the beginning. It's so fun to bring the car to shows and see peoples reaction both good and bad, but mostly good. Glad your both digging it.
1962 Lincoln Project, Started April 2012
http://www.thelincolnforum.net/phpbb3/v ... 38&t=39733
ReijerLincoln
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by ReijerLincoln »

Glad to see it finished, in a show and well received. Looks very butch.
1964 Lincoln Continental sedan

http://bigfancycar.blogspot.nl/
jesse_emel
Lincoln Maniac

Top 10 car show coments

Post by jesse_emel »

Lots of people stopped by to talk about the car and some were funny as hell. Here's a list of the funniest things i can remember being said:

10 ) Why did you leave it in primer? (Actually that's the final paint)
9 ) Is your car for sale? (usual answer was no, sorry, just finished it)
8 ) I have a Lincoln Continental that is not running and needs tons of body work. Do you wanna buy it? (Hell No)
7 ) What's your MPG?
6 ) I always loved these Cadillacs.
5 ) Do you know where Jimmy Hoffa is buried?
4 ) I have a suicide hotline number somewhere here in my wallet.
3 ) How many bodies can you fit in the trunk?
2 ) Suicide Doors......Nice but i would have left it stock.
1 ) Let take this thing around the block, she's a panty dropper.

So many people made me laugh. The overall reaction to the car was very positive. It was the only 4 door Lincoln at the car show in over 1050 cars. Can;t wait for the next car show next weekend.
sauceman
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Top 10 car show coments

Post by sauceman »

jesse_emel wrote:Lots of people stopped by to talk about the car and some were funny as hell. Here's a list of the funniest things i can remember being said:

10 ) Why did you leave it in primer? (Actually that's the final paint)
9 ) Is your car for sale? (usual answer was no, sorry, just finished it)
8 ) I have a Lincoln Continental that is not running and needs tons of body work. Do you wanna buy it? (Hell No)
7 ) What's your MPG?
6 ) I always loved these Cadillacs.
5 ) Do you know where Jimmy Hoffa is buried?
4 ) I have a suicide hotline number somewhere here in my wallet.
3 ) How many bodies can you fit in the trunk?
2 ) Suicide Doors......Nice but i would have left it stock.

So many people made me laugh. The overall reaction to the car was very positive. It was the only 4 door Lincoln at the car show in over 1050 cars. Can;t wait for the next car show next weekend.

LOL, that's some good ones. Congrats on the car again, it looks really good.

cheers
Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgement.

Yugoslavia '94' , Israel/Syria '99 , Bosnia '02 , Afghanistan '08-'09

My 1977 Town Car build
ReijerLincoln
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: Top 10 car show coments

Post by ReijerLincoln »

jesse_emel wrote: 2 ) Suicide Doors......Nice but i would have left it stock.
:lol:

If you didn't laugh in their face you're a (much) better man than I am.
1964 Lincoln Continental sedan

http://bigfancycar.blogspot.nl/
navguy12
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by navguy12 »

Oh yea...............................
Mike Stortini
1985 Cartier Town Car Sold 10 Nov 2013
1977 Lincoln Continental Sold 27 April 2012
Batawa Ontario
jesse_emel
Lincoln Maniac

Post by jesse_emel »

sauceman wrote:
LOL, that's some good ones. Congrats on the car again, it looks really good.

cheers
Thanks again sauceman. This Lincoln was always one of my top 2-3 dream cars, makes me smile every time i clean it see it and drive it.

ReijerLincoln wrote:
jesse_emel wrote: 2 ) Suicide Doors......Nice but i would have left it stock.
:lol:

If you didn't laugh in their face you're a (much) better man than I am.
With a funny lookin grin on my face i calmly explained that's the way they came from the factory and why so many people appreciate these cars.
navguy12 wrote:
Oh yea...............................
Laughed my ass of and agreed. If i wasn't married already that would be it's purpose.
jesse_emel
Lincoln Maniac

31st Annual ford show in Airway Hieghts, wa

Post by jesse_emel »

Took the Lincoln to another car show. This time it was the 31st Annual Ford Show in Airway Heights, Wa. This time it was a 1 day show and much more fun with the boy. They had bouncy houses and lots of stuff for kids to do. A good time was had by all and my wife even was able to stop by after work to take a look at the finished product. Didn't really have time between dusting and taking care of the boy to take many pictures but grabbed a few.....

This photo did not turn out very well but here it is anyway.....

Part of our row.....

You can see the top up of the 1963 Lincoln Vert in the back ground.
I wanted to take some pictures of the cars side by side but we had to leave early to drop off the Lincoln at Les Schwab for alignment on Monday.

The wife and son checking out the interior. My son got his face painted by a 9 year old as a TMNT. Not the best face paint i ever seen, but he seemed to like it.....

Getting the wife's approval.....

This will quite possibly be the last show opportunity of the year for us. We're moving into our new house in 30 days. Then i can take delivery of the Lincoln and she will have a new safe home.
navguy12
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by navguy12 »

Getting the wife's approval.....
Always a good thing :wink:
Mike Stortini
Batawa Ontario
jesse_emel
Lincoln Maniac

Post by jesse_emel »

Finally got around to posting the video of our drive into the Goodguys Northwest Nationals Show in Spokane, Wa. You can hear my son screaming "Black Lincoln" as it drives by.
With the stock exhaust she's almost dead silent.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFg7Gw7Gcgc[/youtube]

We got the car aligned at Les Schwab after the 31st Annual Ford Show in Airway Heights. And not it's not scary to drive at all anymore. Have to get the horn working (new horn relay in hand), Install the alarm control box, Install kill switch in the trunk, Align the hood with new bumpers and adjust the stops and finally get the speedometer working (new cable in hand also) and she will be ready to come home.
navguy12
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by navguy12 »

You can hear my son screaming "Black Lincoln" as it drives by.
:smt001
Mike Stortini
Batawa Ontario
darrylqmiller
Lincoln Maniac

Re: Good Guys Northwest Nationals 2014

Post by darrylqmiller »

[quote="jesse_emel"]Brought the 1962 Lincoln out to the Goodguys Northwest Nationals in Spokane 2014. We had tons of visitors and admirers. We didn't win any awards this time around. With over 1050 cars there was of course some very great cars there. We were hoping to win their suede and chrome category but no luck. I'm posting a picture of the car that won our category and then a bunch of pictures of the Lincoln. It was a 3 day show and we had a blast talking to all the visitors about the car. We had the only 4 door Lincoln in the show.

That's because I moved to Georgia this summer! :D
Car looks great, you guys did a wonderful job with it. Keep cruising around and you're bound to get attention. Wish I was still there so we could double team them. You should take the car to my car clubs cruise night, every Thursday at De Leons Foods. They meet there and then cruise to some place to have some beers. Really cool to see a line of custom cars driving through Spokane, all makes and models and almost all of them bagged. They need another Lincoln in the club to make up for me being gone. But beware, they'll push you to bag that thing.

In fact I'll bet you saw them at the Good Guys show. They have the bagged Metro van (won lowest car last year at GG) with the camouflaged netting over it for shade surrounded with a ton of bagged cars.
BobKiddy

Post by BobKiddy »

Hey Jesse,

Great thread and great build. When is the next show? I will do my best to be there.

Any plans to come show in the Tri-Cities?
jesse_emel
Lincoln Maniac

Re: Good Guys Northwest Nationals 2014

Post by jesse_emel »

darrylqmiller wrote:
jesse_emel wrote:Brought the 1962 Lincoln out to the Goodguys Northwest Nationals in Spokane 2014. We had tons of visitors and admirers. We didn't win any awards this time around. With over 1050 cars there was of course some very great cars there. We were hoping to win their suede and chrome category but no luck. I'm posting a picture of the car that won our category and then a bunch of pictures of the Lincoln. It was a 3 day show and we had a blast talking to all the visitors about the car. We had the only 4 door Lincoln in the show.

That's because I moved to Georgia this summer! :D
Car looks great, you guys did a wonderful job with it. Keep cruising around and you're bound to get attention. Wish I was still there so we could double team them. You should take the car to my car clubs cruise night, every Thursday at De Leons Foods. They meet there and then cruise to some place to have some beers. Really cool to see a line of custom cars driving through Spokane, all makes and models and almost all of them bagged. They need another Lincoln in the club to make up for me being gone. But beware, they'll push you to bag that thing.

In fact I'll bet you saw them at the Good Guys show. They have the bagged Metro van (won lowest car last year at GG) with the camouflaged netting over it for shade surrounded with a ton of bagged cars.
What was the name of the car club again?? There were a few clubs at the show. The biggest showing was by the misfits, they had a ton of cars there mostly on airride. Cool guys, they give a pin to my son and let us tour their prison van. Here is a picture of it. I think it's the same club as the one your in.
Club-Van-website-copy1 (1)_800x464.jpg
Last edited by jesse_emel on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jesse_emel
Lincoln Maniac

Post by jesse_emel »

BobKiddy wrote:Hey Jesse,

Great thread and great build. When is the next show? I will do my best to be there.

Any plans to come show in the Tri-Cities?
Chris Green who did most of the work on the car is living in the Tri-Cities. So we'll probably do a car show or 2 down there next year. With moving into the new house next week and trying to get settled were probably done with car shows for the year. But next year we plan to hit it hard. I'll try to post where and where I'm going in this thread. Looking forward to meeting you. Thanks for the compliments and for following along.