The 1962 Lincoln Continental Project

This area is for members who are restoring their Lincolns or any other project that they wish to discuss and document with fellow forum members. You can link to your own off-site page or post all your pics and progress in the thread itself. Customizers should use the Customizer Members' Projects forum.
darrylqmiller
Lincoln Maniac

Re: Good Guys Northwest Nationals 2014

Post by darrylqmiller »

What was the name of the car club again?? There were a few clubs at the show. The biggest showing was by the misfits, they had a ton of cars there mostly on airride. Cool guys, they give a pin to my son and let us tour their prison van. Here is a picture of it. I think it's the same club as the one your in.

Yep that's them. That's the president and guy who started the clubs van. He paid out of pocket to have that van built to represent us at shows and around town.
Here's a shot of the truck him and some of the guys built this year.

Enjoy the car and the move. Our move across the states took me out of the picture for about two months but I'm back and working on the car so stay tuned. Figuring probably around 1 -2 years to get it how I want it but hope it's worth it.
jesse_emel
Lincoln Maniac

1962 Lincoln Continental Power Steering Pump

Post by jesse_emel »

I've noticed a leak coming from the power steering pump. It's one of just a few pieces we didn't re-condition during the restoration process. Does anyone know where we can pick one up outright? I'd like to take mine off and simply replace it without sending it off to get re-built if possible. I've seen the gasket kits are available but after checking the usual suspects I cant one for sale. Any help would be appreciated as were gearing up for driving season here in the great northwest.
1962 Lincoln Project, Started April 2012
http://www.thelincolnforum.net/phpbb3/v ... 38&t=39733
Sal
Dedicated Enthusiast

Re: The 1962 Lincoln Continental Project

Post by Sal »

Hi Jesse
as were gearing up for driving season here in the great northwest.
You got to be effin kidding!.... It seems as though here in the Northeast we will never see another driving season, damn winter.

Anyway, they are extremely difficult to come by these days. Check with Tim Nill at the Lincoln ranch. 813-737-5466
or email him at: TimNill@sbcglobal.net

Best to you, Sal
darrylqmiller
Lincoln Maniac

Post by darrylqmiller »

Hey there. Sounds like the weather there isn't to bad from talking to people back home. The only place I could find in my searching was maybe Mark II Enterprises. It says call for inventory and save $50 if you send your pump in. No price or even if they ones they have are newly rebuilt. But it does sound like you won't have to send your in if you don't want to. Good luck!
Oh and check out suicide slabs on Facebook if you can, lots of cool cars in the group and lots of people to network with.
jesse_emel
Lincoln Maniac

Sad Day

Post by jesse_emel »

It is with a heavy heart that I am offering up the 1962 Lincoln I put together over the past 3 year up for sale. After failing to avoid a financial pitfall selling this beautiful car is my only option. I'm offering her up at $24,500 OBO. If anyone know anyone who is looking for a beautiful mild custom please let them know this car is available. I would say this car is 98% complete and ready to go. We have one more weekend of work this month to rebuild a leaky power steering pump and get the alarm installed. Should be complete hopefully by the end of the month. If anyone has any questions or is interested please PM me here.

e-mail jesse_emel@yahoo.com
phone 509-723-9777

Here are a few pictures from last years car shows for your viewing pleasure.....

Sal
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Sal »

Jesse

Oh no, what bad news.....after all that work and time.... So sorry to hear that.

Sal
lowlifelinc
Occasional Visitor

Post by lowlifelinc »

Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear. I'm sure you'll have this beauty sold in no time..

Good luck with everything.
jesse_emel
Lincoln Maniac

Post by jesse_emel »

Well after a couple weeks of working out logistics the car sold today and is on it's way to CaNaDa. Hope it's well taken care of and the last few issues are worked out with no problems. Miss her already. :dpuke:
navguy12
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by navguy12 »

CaNaDa
Where abouts?
Mike Stortini
1985 Cartier Town Car Sold 10 Nov 2013
1977 Lincoln Continental Sold 27 April 2012
Batawa Ontario
darrylqmiller
Lincoln Maniac

Post by darrylqmiller »

Man sorry to see you had to let her go Jesse. At least you now have enough experience to make the next one easier to build.
jesse_emel
Lincoln Maniac

Post by jesse_emel »

navguy12 wrote:
CaNaDa
Where abouts?
The car will be in Kelowa B.C. About 6 hours away from Spokane.
darrylqmiller wrote:Man sorry to see you had to let her go Jesse. At least you now have enough experience to make the next one easier to build.
Starting to save money already, but it will be awhile before i dive back into another classic car restoration. Have a house to finish now and a back yard to landscape.

Once again i want to say thanks to everyone here fan or not of my car for all the support and advice during the restoration. Could not have done it without the help of everyone here.
NicSanford
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by NicSanford »

Just checking in on your build after all this time, and sad to hear it was sold. Anybody have any info on this or know who it was sold to?
Nic Sanford - Food Truck Owner / Musician / Singer / Songwriter / Producer / Internet & Media Professional / Lincoln Lover
1961 Lincoln Continental
http://www.TurtleIslandGrille.com