Neat Trick for filling Hydraulic Reservoir

Anything that pertains only to a convertible goes here. Such as: Top material, pads, mechanism, hydraulic pumps, switch and relay mechanisms, latches, etc.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

Bill Prince
Dedicated Enthusiast

Neat Trick for filling Hydraulic Reservoir

Post by Bill Prince »

I don't know why I never thought of this before, but it is really a neat, fast and simple way to fill the hydraulic reservoir.

I bought a new squirt oil can, and bent the nozzle so as to allow it to enter the reservoir fill port without tilting the can to much.
I just keep the oil can on the shelf, full of Type F trans fluid - at the ready.

It is a much simpler way to fill the reservoir than the "turkey baster method" or the "pump in a quart container of fluid with a hose method" or other methods.

I know that everyone but me may have heard of using an squirt oil can, but for those folks who have also never heard of it - you might want to try it.

(please excuse my simple mock-up of the reservoir being filled with the oil can, but I was too busy to go to my car and remove the side panel for a better photo)
20190509_120924.jpg
Thanks,
Bill

1961 Lincoln Continental Convertible (White/Blue), 1961 Lincoln Continental Sedan (White/Blue - 37K miles), 1972 Mark IV (Pastel Lime/Green). See photos of my cars at Cardomain.com - search for gormanwpjr
Classiccannuk
Lincoln Maniac

Re: Neat Trick for filling Hydraulic Reservoir

Post by Classiccannuk »

That works!
LC67Vert
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Neat Trick for filling Hydraulic Reservoir

Post by LC67Vert »

Good idea but I'll have to retire my turkey baster!
Jeff
1967 Lincoln Continental Convertible

Return to “Convertibles, Convertibles, Convertibles”