converting 62 hardtop deck lid for convertible

Anything that pertains only to a convertible goes here. Such as: Top material, pads, mechanism, hydraulic pumps, switch and relay mechanisms, latches, etc.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

modeleh
Lincoln Maniac

Re: converting 62 hardtop deck lid for convertible

Post by modeleh »

I typed a detailed answer but then this forum made me re log in and I lost it all. It’s very frustrating and has been going on awhile so I don’t post much here anymore and try to keep it short.
I didn’t reuse those factory tabs I made a piece of 3/8 plates with threaded holes and slipped it through a narrow window I cut
msimon21
Occasional Visitor

Post by msimon21 »

thanks modeleh. sorry to hear about the login issues =(

here are a few pics of what im doing. essentially made new side support rails from extra rails i had. drilled a hole for the carriage bolt head to slip through then slotted a channel for the screw assembly to slide into position. this should work unless im missing something.
Attachments
IMG_7214.jpg
IMG_7215.jpg
IMG_7212.jpg
modeleh
Lincoln Maniac

Post by modeleh »

Yes I believe you’ve got it correct. It’s a lot of screwing around to convert the sedan decklid but it’s very rewarding when you get it done. I remember years ago I had read a post somewhere on this forum that said it couldn’t be done, but It’s nice to see a couple other guys making it work. Unfortunately there’s just not a lot of other options, it takes perseverance to resurrect one of these cars.

Return to “Convertibles, Convertibles, Convertibles”