2014 National Meets

This public area is set aside as a courtesy for the Lincoln & Continental Owners Club and the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation for topics specifically related to the them. Inquiries can be made by non-members concerning the two organizations here. All mention and reference to the LCOC is allowed under fair-use laws. TLF.Net is not affiliated with the LCOC or LMCF in any way and the messages posted here do not reflect the views of the LCOC or TLF.Net. Members who wish to post private messages to or about the LCOC may do so in the Private LCOC Forum.

Moderator: LCOC Moderators

LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

2014 National Meets

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Any word on where the 2014 national meets may be held or is this too early in the game? LCOC website says location TBD for all three.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: 2014 National Meets

Post by Dan Szwarc »

WNM:Tacoma, WA
MANM: Rockford, IL
ENM: somewhere in Florida.

I don't know dates.
Ken Stevens
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Ken Stevens »

Ooh, Rockford sounds doable for me! Only 4-1/2 hours away! Anxious to hear of the dates.
Last edited by Ken Stevens on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken Stevens
61 LC Convertible
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Rockford Mid-America Meet
September 16 thru 20.

See you there, for this Meet, we are having an aggressive push to increase the number of cars in the Exhibition Class. Less than perfect Lincolns, modified Lincolns, or Lincoln owners that just don't want the hassle of having their cars judged, please come! If its a Lincoln, we want to see it! Its going to be a great Meet!! Please save the dates, more info coming out shortly. :grin: :grin:
Last edited by John Mc on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Mc - Lake Shore Region Director
‘48 Continental Cabriolet
‘77 Town Coupe Black Diamond
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Excellent! A drive to Rockford is definitely doable for me! Glad that I have something that I can bring.
Last edited by LithiumCobalt on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Could possibly make it....
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Hope so Stu .................it's going to be one to remember - I promise! :)
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
JonW
Lincoln Maniac

Post by JonW »

John Mc wrote:Rockford Mid-America Meet
September 16 thru 20.

See you there, for this Meet, we are having an aggressive push to increase the number of cars in the Exhibition Class. Less than perfect Lincolns, modified Lincolns, or Lincoln owners that just don't want the hassle of having their cars judged, please come! If its a Lincoln, we want to see it! Its going to be a great Meet!! Please save the dates, more info coming our shortly. :grin: :grin:
Excellent! I think you'll get a better turnout with that philosophy. We're planning on being there.
1962 Continental resto-mod
Yeah, it's got a Hemi
1979 Mark V 1 of 1
Triple Turquoise
1979 Mark V Bill Blass Edition
cgrocen
Frequent Contributor

Post by cgrocen »

Hi John,

I think I will have to mark this one on my calendar! Maybe I can bring my "barn find" 1980 Signature Series Mark VI coupe. Yes, it really was in a barn. If not, I will certainly bring the Pucci. Not that much further for me to go to Rockford than Minneapolis was last year. Closer than Florida and Washington for sure. I really like the idea of the Exhibition Class. I am not really one for all the competition and judging and the seriousness of the awards. Yes, I know that I did win some awards last year, but that was not my goal for attending. I am more for seeing the cars, in ANY condition, and meeting new people. I think that is really what a meet is about for me. I look forward to seeing what else is planned for the Rockford meet.

Best regards,

Chris
**SOLD** 1977 Continental Mark V, Black Diamond Fire metallic with Dove Grey Majestic Velour Luxury Group interior, forged aluminum wheels, moonroof, 460-4V, dual exhaust
1980 Continental Mark VI Signature Series, two-door, maroon, 351, leather, padded trunk lid delete
1981 Continental Mark VI Signature Series, four-door, red, velour, moonroof
1983 Continental Mark VI Designer Series, Emilio Pucci Edition, two-door, velour
1984 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series, Carriage Roof
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Chris, thanks for the reply, and I could not have said it better myself. And there are lots of Lincoln folks who feel the same way. Yes, judging is important but I feel strongly about emphasizing other aspects of a successful National Meet could be like really good tech tips, excellent informative guest speakers, a room filled with fascinating Lincoln print and video memorabilia, driving tours etc. The LCOC is for ALL of it's members, not just a few who own perfect cars. Let's have fun enjoying as many Lincolns as we can get and sharing time with the good people who own them. If it has a star or knight's head on the hood, we're asking you to bring your car, you WILL have a good time!

Chris, I'll be really disappointed if you DON'T show up with your barn find - love to see it! :grin:
Last edited by John Mc on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
cgrocen
Frequent Contributor

Post by cgrocen »

Hi John,

I will have to do some tune up work on the '80 then. At least I have some time to do it!

Best regards,

Chris
**SOLD** 1977 Continental Mark V, Black Diamond Fire metallic with Dove Grey Majestic Velour Luxury Group interior, forged aluminum wheels, moonroof, 460-4V, dual exhaust
1980 Continental Mark VI Signature Series, two-door, maroon, 351, leather, padded trunk lid delete
1981 Continental Mark VI Signature Series, four-door, red, velour, moonroof
1983 Continental Mark VI Designer Series, Emilio Pucci Edition, two-door, velour
1984 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series, Carriage Roof

Return to “Public LCOC & LMCF-Related Discussion”