LCOC Merchandise

This public area is set aside as a courtesy for the Lincoln & Continental Owners Club and the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation for topics specifically related to the them. Inquiries can be made by non-members concerning the two organizations here. All mention and reference to the LCOC is allowed under fair-use laws. TLF.Net is not affiliated with the LCOC or LMCF in any way and the messages posted here do not reflect the views of the LCOC or TLF.Net. Members who wish to post private messages to or about the LCOC may do so in the Private LCOC Forum.

Moderator: LCOC Moderators

Marks

Re: LCOC Merchandise

Post by Marks »

I also attended the membership meeting to find only 6 members including myself and nothing accomplished. Later at the meet I was given information that is making me consider leaving the club.

Neil
JonW
Lincoln Maniac

Post by JonW »

Having been the Director of a national car club, I know the work that it takes to run such an organization. Having said that, I feel the LCOC is very lacking in some areas. Some of what they do is old-fashioned and not in tune with attracting younger members. But I will say that the meet in MN last August was my first meet, and we were made very welcome by just about everyone there. We had a great time, and to me that's the crux of what a car club is about. There are some good people in the LCOC, there jut needs to be some shaking up. Best of luck, John!
1962 Continental resto-mod
Yeah, it's got a Hemi
1979 Mark V 1 of 1
Triple Turquoise
1979 Mark V Bill Blass Edition
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Very well said Jon. Thanks and it was very nice meeting you and some other new members as well....................and that's what its all about. Not only trophies, but a true fellowship packaged with a common appreciation of all Lincolns.
John Mc - Lake Shore Region Director
‘48 Continental Cabriolet
‘77 Town Coupe Black Diamond
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
CaptainDave
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by CaptainDave »

Marks, what information was that?
'66 convertible "The Blue Lagoon"
Marks

Post by Marks »

Captindave, Marks, what information was that?

I do not wish to repeat what was said to me at this time. I enjoyed being a member of LCOC up until this time. When I was told this information I lost all interest in the club. I hope that the person that revealed the information to me realizes it at some point. that they not only should not have said it to any one let alone me.

Neil
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Don't believe everything you hear. Sounds like just a disgruntled member. No conspiracies here, just sometimes bad personalities. Been a great club for nearly 60 years, give us a chance.
John Mc - Lake Shore Region Director
‘48 Continental Cabriolet
‘77 Town Coupe Black Diamond
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Neil,

If you are the person I'm thinking about, did you find your Mark II yet?
Marks

Post by Marks »

Stu,I was not looking for a Mark II.
Marks

Post by Marks »

"]Don't believe everything you hear. Sounds like just a disgruntled member. No conspiracies here, just som
etimes bad personalities. Been a great club for nearly 60 years, give us a chance.[/quote]\

When the president himself tells you something and it involves you and he did not realize that,It was me he was talking about, yes I have a problem with that. I have been a member since 1993 and have enjoyed the club and the people that I have met. I guess you had to be there to get the full affect,
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Sorry, must have been thinking of someone else.
Highlander64
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Highlander64 »

If I can get a decal and a badge, I'm sure my graphics person can get the decals recreated, and someone in PCA can guide me to where I can get badges custom done for a reasonable price.

I've always found it curious that the Mustang Club sends out decals for every one year member or renewal right on through a box of stuff for lifetime memberships, yet LCOC charges more and you don't even get a lousy sticker.
Chris
1964 Lincoln Continental Convertible, Highlander Green/White/Beige Pearl
1970 Mustang Boss 429, Grabber Orange/Black Deluxe
1983 F-250, see-through windows and real rubber tires
1998 Jaguar XJ8 BRG/Oatmeal - the 44,000 mile $1,000 dog hauler
timesgoneby
Occasional Visitor

Post by timesgoneby »

:smt006 Here I am again! I thank all of you that have voiced an opinion in the category concerning the LCOC distribution. I am not sure if this is where we should be, however, it is a beginning. I have read all of the posts, thus far, and sure find there are several members not at all happy with the LCOC. Perhaps, THAT IS WHY WE ARE HERE!

I truly understand, after reviewing the posts, that LCOC lovers wish to make it Correct. I would also!

Members of Any Club must first realize the "CLUB" is only worth the total of those members. Yes, we can have a great club , but only with members that are dedicated to the area they request. The LCOC meets are fun, HOWEVER, I ask _ "How can you have your car judged when you can not receive the Authenticity manual from which you will be judged????

There have been statements about staying a member since the club has a Great "Continental Comments" and photos. Yes, it does but hat is not a reason to "STAY"
a member. Look again, the judging, photos and all reviews are the same old judges and writers.

Sorry for any negative reply (response), however, I have had enough after almost 20 years? I have more fun with my Lincolns at a local car show or the finest of Concours shows in California.

Thank You.
http://www.collectiblemetal.net
1956 Lincoln Premiere Convertible
1957 Lincoln Premiere Convertible
1961 Continental Convertible

Return to “Public LCOC & LMCF-Related Discussion”