LCOC Merchandise

This public area is set aside as a courtesy for the Lincoln & Continental Owners Club and the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation for topics specifically related to the them. Inquiries can be made by non-members concerning the two organizations here. All mention and reference to the LCOC is allowed under fair-use laws. TLF.Net is not affiliated with the LCOC or LMCF in any way and the messages posted here do not reflect the views of the LCOC or TLF.Net. Members who wish to post private messages to or about the LCOC may do so in the Private LCOC Forum.

Moderator: LCOC Moderators

timesgoneby
Occasional Visitor

Re: LCOC Merchandise

Post by timesgoneby »

:( Agree, the service level is beyond unacceptable and has been for several years @ the LCOC!

I have been a member since about 1994 and gave up in 2005 after a serious problem at the '95 meet in Sacramento, CA. Will not review that situation at this time since it is way too long. I tried again several years ago and found "Nothing" had changed and many areas were worse. At this time I just wanted to keep up a membership and maintain contacts with some members (through the Roster) and review the cars with the Continental Comments. This Spring I finally received a Membership Roster only to find I was not included along with the Lincolns I own.

Part of my hobby is track of Lincolns similar to mine. In reviewing this years Roster, I find many cars that have been Sold through the years that are still credited to their previous owners and some of them go back over 5 years. Is no one in charge of keeping changes either?

One other issue is the LCOC Website. I checked it today and low and behold " some new information". Finally, after how many, many months?

It is time the Board of LCOC get a grip on the reason membership Is down. Yes, the economy has a lot to do with it but I know so many guys that have left the club and you can not convince them to return. There are also quite a few who maintain a membership but are no longer active.

Sorry for leaving the current topic. Most of the problems encountered here reflect back to the person that should be handling the item/ material and the board
keeping them in that position. These tasks should not be taken on as a fun job. Job is work, but can be fun. I have been a member of many clubs over the past 30 years and it comes down to the person doing the job. (membership in : Desoto - Chrysler(Dodge) - Buick - Thunderbird clubs).

I can not end without first thanking Mr. Jim Ayres of the Southern Ca region. He has shown tremendous dedication to this site and the LCOC. I have spoken with Jim several times this year on Lincoln matters and he is always trying to right the wrongs and offer assistance.

Hopefully something can/will be done. Good luck guys.
http://www.collectiblemetal.net
1956 Lincoln Premiere Convertible
1957 Lincoln Premiere Convertible
1961 Continental Convertible
Suicidekid63
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Suicidekid63 »

To me, the website is outdated. Some of the regions newsletters are from 2011. It also seems somewhat exclusive. Not all owners are wearing straw hats, retired, and driving post war trailer queens. There is nothing in regards to custom Lincoln owners or any gallery's related.
The region for my area does nothing even close to where I am located, ever. I'm not going to drive my vehicle to Nebraska or Oklahoma for a LCOC meet, when they cant even update new members/ vehicles. It's possible directors are overworked or just dont have time to mess with the web end of it.
I guess for now, I'll stick to the usual smattering of local summer car shows chock full of Corvette's and Camaro's.
Last edited by Suicidekid63 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steven Wecker 1963 Lincoln Continental sedan survivor/ Ermine white w/ Pearl honey beige interior
"Moby"- The Wixom whale / aka: "Pale Rider"
ALWAYS carry a fire extinguisher!!!
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Ouch, and I feel the pain from all of the legitimate reasons noted. I feel very strongly about the LCOC as does the President and many others. Change is required, that's the reason I'm running for a Board seat. I want to do all I can to get this Club back where it should be. As Bob Johnson pointed out last January, "our members are our customers, if they feel they are getting a good value they will be back - if they don't, they wont. It's that simple".

It's a great organization with a long a great history - we need to get LCOC back on track - now.
John Mc - Lake Shore Region Director
‘48 Continental Cabriolet
‘77 Town Coupe Black Diamond
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
Bob Hubbard
On Special Assignment

Post by Bob Hubbard »

John Mc wrote:Ouch, and I feel the pain from all of the legitimate reasons noted. I feel very strongly about the LCOC as does the President and many others. Change is required, that's the reason I'm running for a Board seat. I want to do all I can to get this Club back where it should be. As Bob Johnson pointed out last January, "our members are our customers, if they feel they are getting a good value they will be back - if they don't, they wont. It's that simple".

It's a great organization with a long a great history - we need to get LCOC back on track - now.

John, I respect you for wanting to run for the board and change things, but it will take more than you to accomplish change.
I joined this club when I owned my 59 convertible, and the only benefit I ever saw was a copy of the directory, and continental comments.
I felt it reeked of a "good ole boy's club", with the majority of us being on the outside.
Didn't seem like (even with a barrage of new suggestions for the club) that anything was going to change.
Obviously it hasn't.
I remember back when I had my 59, Glenn Kramer was in Los Angeles visiting, and we talked for hours one night on my deck, about the LCOC, and what it needed, to make it an exciting club for new, as well as existing members.
I gave him my thoughts, and to date, I have seen no change in the club.
I seriously doubt that your running for the board will change things.
I wish you all the best, but this "good ole boy's club" has been entrenched in backward thinking for so long, that I don't think there is the slightest chance that it will come out of the shadows and be the all inspiring club that it should be.
I believe Glenn has made a serious effort for change, but with the board dragging it's feet on some improvements, it has been a fruitless effort .
It would appear that any office of this club is a thankless position, and it boggles the mind why any one would want to seek office in it.
The club is in desperate need of new, younger members,but to date, nothing is being done to attract them.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that if new members don't replace those that are dying off, there won't be an LCOC.
Bob.
Last edited by Bob Hubbard on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Hubbard
On Special Assignment

Post by Bob Hubbard »

black convert.jpg
This is probably the best example of one of the things LCOC needs to get involved in.
The leadership and board members need to incorporate this kind of thinking into the club membership.
Bob.
timesgoneby
Occasional Visitor

Post by timesgoneby »

Thank you Bob for your post. Everything you mentioned is exactly how I feel. The LCOC is a good ole boy's club and has been since I first joined back about 1993. Hate to say this but it was much worse back then. There were a few guys that wanted change and moved into some positions but were pushed out before long.

My membership is up this month and I will not renew with them again.
Bob Hubbard
On Special Assignment

Post by Bob Hubbard »

timesgoneby wrote:Thank you Bob for your post. Everything you mentioned is exactly how I feel. The LCOC is a good ole boy's club and has been since I first joined back about 1993. Hate to say this but it was much worse back then. There were a few guys that wanted change and moved into some positions but were pushed out before long.

My membership is up this month and I will not renew with them again.

The last sentence in your post speaks volumes, and if I were a club official, I would seek answers as to why you, and so many others have said the same thing.
Someone in this organization needs to step up to the plate and demand answers.
Bob.
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

All points are well taken, no arguments from me. But there are also many members who I feel "get it" and see the need to change things in order for the Club to survive. If elected, I intend to do my small part to listen to these well known complaints, acknowledge their legitimacy and do something that makes a difference - real difference. And I think our drop in members has nothing to do with the economy. Hell, a tank of gas is nearly twice as expensive as our dues..........and you don't get a great magazine when you fill up! I believe we've lost folks simply because they don't like the way we run things.
The Packard Owner's Club (who have not made a car is almost 60 years) has nearly 6,000 members - we now have under 3,000. One does not have to be a brain surgeon to see we've got to fix this thing.
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
Bob Hubbard
On Special Assignment

Post by Bob Hubbard »

All this tends to make me ask if the falling popularity of the Lincoln brand in the past ten years, has somehow infiltrated the club membership, and club leadership.
This status -quo mentality has to have a reason.
Could it be there is no incentive within LCOC to further the obvious goals the club should be seeking?
That will to portray the club as THE club to join has fallen by the wayside, too the point where they don't even bother filling orders for club merchandise.
One has to wonder what is driving this insanity?

Bob.
timesgoneby
Occasional Visitor

Post by timesgoneby »

:grin: John,
I sure hope you are elected. Worth a try!
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Thank you, I appreciate your words very much.
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
Steve K
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Steve K »

John Mc wrote:Well said; got to fix this situation quickly. Service level is totally unacceptable.
Let me know when things are resolved. I was about to join, but sounds like an expense I can live without for now.
2018 Lincoln Continental
1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan
1948 Mercury Town Sedan,
1959 Mercury Montclair
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

We had a "membership" meeting at the Dover meet. It was me, Tim Howley, Glenn Kramer and Jack Shea. That's it. Later on, Dave Saxan and Carl Vallone stopped by (Dave left to take care of something). We had a conversation about a lot of things and I got the impression that a lot of people say "yes" at the board meeting, but when push comes to shove, they don't do squat. There is a small group of people that do what they say, but they can't do it all.

I'm discouraged too'; when I wanted to help out the organization by running for the board, I was told (not in these exact words) that I wasn't going to get support because there were others who were better suited for the board. I ran 3 or 4 times, lost, but I'm not going away. I'm not running anymore, but I'm still going to the shows because I like to see old friends and meet new ones. I'd bet that there were more first timers at the Dover meet than any other meet I've been to. That's why people should join; to go to shows and meet new people and see friends.

Just my two cents.
CaptainDave
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by CaptainDave »

I joined one year ago, when I bought my first Lincoln, and Dover was my first Meet. For what it's worth, I felt welcomed, learned a lot, had a good time, and would go again.
'66 convertible "The Blue Lagoon"
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Stuart M. Cohen wrote:We had a "membership" meeting at the Dover meet. It was me, Tim Howley, Glenn Kramer and Jack Shea. That's it. Later on, Dave Saxan and Carl Vallone stopped by (Dave left to take care of something). We had a conversation about a lot of things and I got the impression that a lot of people say "yes" at the board meeting, but when push comes to shove, they don't do squat. There is a small group of people that do what they say, but they can't do it all.

I'm discouraged too'; when I wanted to help out the organization by running for the board, I was told (not in these exact words) that I wasn't going to get support because there were others who were better suited for the board. I ran 3 or 4 times, lost, but I'm not going away. I'm not running anymore, but I'm still going to the shows because I like to see old friends and meet new ones. I'd bet that there were more first timers at the Dover meet than any other meet I've been to. That's why people should join; to go to shows and meet new people and see friends.

Just my two cents.
Your so right Stu. Yes, we have problems to fix including the distribution of our merchandise but it's still a great club filled with many wonderful people and many outrageously beautiful cars. No organization is perfect and no organization can please everyone. Politics and egos always come with people.

Please join the LCOC; we need you.................and its a great value if just for the beautiful magazine alone. Change is coming and I hope I can become a Board member to vote for the issues described earlier, but if I don't win, like you, I'm in for the long haul.
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC

Return to “Public LCOC & LMCF-Related Discussion”