2012 WNM Concord CA. September 26-30, 2012

This public area is set aside as a courtesy for the Lincoln & Continental Owners Club and the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation for topics specifically related to the them. Inquiries can be made by non-members concerning the two organizations here. All mention and reference to the LCOC is allowed under fair-use laws. TLF.Net is not affiliated with the LCOC or LMCF in any way and the messages posted here do not reflect the views of the LCOC or TLF.Net. Members who wish to post private messages to or about the LCOC may do so in the Private LCOC Forum.

Moderator: LCOC Moderators

linc64
TLFer for Life

2012 WNM Concord CA. September 26-30, 2012

Post by linc64 »

Celebrate the 70s

Please join the LCOC Western Region in celebrating the decade of tire humps, opera windows, and landau tops September 26-30, 2012 in Concord, California. 2012 marks the 40th anniversary of the Continental Mark IV—the car that set the style for the entire U.S. auto industry in the "feel-good" decade. Whether you arrive in a '41 Continental or a '96 Town Car, be sure to dig back in your closet and pack your '70s spirit!

The Concord Hilton, located just off Interstate 680, will host the 2012 Meet. The newly remodeled hotel has offered an excellent $109 room rate that includes a continental breakfast. The catering staff has already helped choose delicious and affordable meal options for the dinners.

A full slate of guided and self-guided tours of San Francisco Bay Area attractions is planned. The spectacular Blackhawk Collection of classic automobiles, the legendary attractions of San Francisco, and the world famous Napa Valley wine region are all just minutes away from the centrally located host hotel.

A Western National Meet hasn't been held in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1993—consider the opportunity to take advantage of the excellent room rate and the Bay Area's mild late summer weather to enjoy an extended stay!

Concord, California lies about 30 miles east of San Francisco on Interstate 680 (which connects directly to both I-80 and I-5). Major airports in San Francisco (SFO) and Oakland (OAK) are directly connected to Concord via Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) trains. Registration materials and complete details will be available soon on this page. You may also call Jeremy Sanford at (916) 488-3936 for additional information.
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Photobucket link blocked by PB
Join the LCOC
Join the Lincoln Motorcar Foundation
1973 Mark IV Fanatic
Dedicated Enthusiast

Re: 2012 LCOC Western National Meet Concord Ca.

Post by 1973 Mark IV Fanatic »

I live locally, so I would like to offer to help out with the meet in any way I can. I imagine that I could help staff the registration booth or help out with the hospitality room in some way. I have a pick up truck, so I imagine I may be of help in picking up and transporting supplies, etc. Helping out at a national meet is something I have always wanted to do, and now is the golden opportunity to do it! A neat way, I think, to give a little something back to our wonderful Lincoln and Continental Owner's Club that has meant so much to me over the years.
Jim Weller 1986 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition, 1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series, 2000 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition.
linc64
TLFer for Life

Post by linc64 »

That would be great! Jeremy Sanford is in charge of putting on the Meet. You can contact him at meet@lcocwestern.org , or PM him here through the message board. His user name is jsanford.
Thanks for the offer!

Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Photobucket link blocked by PB
Join the LCOC
Join the Lincoln Motorcar Foundation
1973 Mark IV Fanatic
Dedicated Enthusiast

Not to brag or anything, but, uh, that's my "Blue Baby" there in the photo. That's what his mother, E'dee Muse, called him before she gave him to me two years ago. She sure loved him, and so do I... I'll be contacting Jeremy soon to extend my offer of help, if he doesn't read it here first. Regards to all.
Jim Weller 1986 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition, 1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series, 2000 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition.
jsanford
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: 2012 WNM Concord CA. September 26-30, 2012

Post by jsanford »

Don't miss out on what may be your last chance to attend a LCOC Western National Meet!
The Mayan calendar runs out on December 21, 2012 which means the world may end and there will be no more LCOC Meets!

Check out the meet page http://www.lcocwestern.org/meet/index.html and get ready to Celebrate the 70s and party like its the end of the world!

Jeremy
LCOC Western Region Webmaster & Northern CA Activities Coordinator.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

The Mayans will be dead, but the rest of us will remain.
palomar142
Lincoln Maniac

Post by palomar142 »

Either that or after December 21st all that's left is to party with Mayans at LCOC meets! Hah!!!
--Russ
jsanford
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by jsanford »

I saw it in a movie

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAY16UM9 ... ure=relmfu[/youtube]
1973 Mark IV Fanatic
Dedicated Enthusiast

Cool graphics for the meet website, Jeremy; I'm really looking forward to September, the meet sounds like it will be a lot of fun, and no doubt a great success!
palomar142
Lincoln Maniac

Post by palomar142 »

Jeremy, if you saw it in a movie, then it has to be true!
--Russ
jsanford
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by jsanford »

These guys are ready to celebrate the '70s in style!
johnny 4.jpg
Jeremy
1973 Mark IV Fanatic
Dedicated Enthusiast

I used to have a white shirt like those guys are sporting, but my wife hated it, and donated it to Goodwill unbeknownst to me until after the fact. It was a cool shirt -- looked great with a pair of old jeans. Now, it's nothing but western wear for me. Cowboy hats never go out of style!
jsanford
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by jsanford »

Here you go Jimmy! Dashing in denim, 1970s style!
johnny 1.jpg
Suicidekid63
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Suicidekid63 »

Nothing like a great 70's stache accented with denim pants, denim shirt and denim jacket.
"With great mustache, comes great responsibility."
Steven Wecker 1963 Lincoln Continental sedan survivor/ Ermine white w/ Pearl honey beige interior
"Moby"- The Wixom whale / aka: "Pale Rider"
ALWAYS carry a fire extinguisher!!!

Return to “Public LCOC & LMCF-Related Discussion”