Combine TheLincolnForum.Net & the LCOC's Continental Corner?

This public area is set aside as a courtesy for the Lincoln & Continental Owners Club and the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation for topics specifically related to the them. Inquiries can be made by non-members concerning the two organizations here. All mention and reference to the LCOC is allowed under fair-use laws. TLF.Net is not affiliated with the LCOC or LMCF in any way and the messages posted here do not reflect the views of the LCOC or TLF.Net. Members who wish to post private messages to or about the LCOC may do so in the Private LCOC Forum.

Moderator: LCOC Moderators

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Combine TheLincolnForum.Net & the LCOC's Continental Cor

Post by Dan Szwarc »

They can have Facebook. It's a terrible format for a database of advice and only conducive to daily discussion.

You will never be able to search for advice on Facebook from a previous post, or have a conversation for years on end. Or am I wrong about that? No matter. I dislike facebook too much to use it for anything but

That's OK. I try not to judge, but it's very difficult. I don't secretly hate customizers. But there's always a little animosity that will exist between stockers and baggers. That's true about any two groups who have differing tastes. We tolerate each other more than we love each other.
CaptainDave
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by CaptainDave »

I agree that FB is a poor choice for the kind of information we have at our disposal here on TLF. I think that "daily dialog" is part of why the SS people favor FB over TLF. It's instant gratification. Think of how many times Dan has to remind people to "search before they post." On FB there's no such thing. Today's mindset doesn't want to go to the trouble (just to be clear, I think that's wrong). So on SS a frequent question is "who sells these gizmos?" and the answer on TLF is always the same, "The Usual Suspects." I try to cross-pollinate but it doesn't always work. I think they have some good people but I'd like to see more recognition of the permanent value built over the years on TLF. They sell AN answer. TLF sells answers in context, where you can see the pros and cons of different POVs and how an answer may evolve. Far more valuable, IMHO.
So much of the online world comes down to perception. I have two email addresses, one is my initials and my company domain. It's more professional, but harder to spell over the phone so sometimes, in the interest of clarity and speed, I just give out my first email address, which is my first and last name at aol.com. Oh, the look on the face of someone under 40! An aol address! The horror! "Funny, you don't look 90." Give me a break.
'66 convertible "The Blue Lagoon"
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

CaptainDave wrote:... Today's mindset doesn't want to go to the trouble (just to be clear, I think that's wrong). So on SS a frequent question is "who sells these gizmos?" and the answer on TLF is always the same, "The Usual Suspects." I try to cross-pollinate but it doesn't always work.

So much of the online world comes down to perception. I have two email addresses, one is my initials and my company domain. It's more professional, but harder to spell over the phone so sometimes, in the interest of clarity and speed, I just give out my first email address, which is my first and last name at aol.com. Oh, the look on the face of someone under 40! An aol address! The horror! "Funny, you don't look 90." Give me a break.
This forum has been up for 17 years. I think people today are used to asking instead of doing their own research. I get tired of answering the same questions over and over and over. You can't even tell someone "let me google that for you" without pissing them off.

AOL address. LOL. I think that, but I don't say it. ;-)

Get off my lawn!!
JimA
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by JimA »

John Mc wrote:
JimA wrote:I'm pleased that thelincolnforum.net will not be the official web site for LCOC. I joined LCOC for one year but didn't renew because their interest is almost exclusively about originality. I like performance improvements, some customizing, AND original Lincolns and enjoy seeing some of that diversity here. (Not withstanding Dan's signature. :D )
Jim, sorry but you are dead wrong on this one. For the last 4 years or so we have all been screaming at the top of our lungs that we accept ALL - YES ALL LINCOLNS.
Articles have been written in Comments about custom Lincolns, just ask Jon Wessel. We have expanded the judging sheets to include custom cars and give awards to custom Lincolns.

In the old days, did we exclude customs?? Yes, but that's old news now. If your car has a Lincoln star, or a knight's head on the hood, we want it, and you.
John,

It might help if the "About" section of the LCOC web pages http://lcoc.org/AboutLCOC.htm described the inclusive evolution in the LCOC history and had a welcoming message for all Lincolns. So far, the "About" section is about preservation and restoration and that means originality. Its good to know there have been articles on customs. That's persuasive.

Jim
1978 Continental Coupe
521 Stroker -- SOLD :-(

Return to “Public LCOC & LMCF-Related Discussion”