What region is Columbus ohio

This public area is set aside as a courtesy for the Lincoln & Continental Owners Club and the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation for topics specifically related to the them. Inquiries can be made by non-members concerning the two organizations here. All mention and reference to the LCOC is allowed under fair-use laws. TLF.Net is not affiliated with the LCOC or LMCF in any way and the messages posted here do not reflect the views of the LCOC or TLF.Net. Members who wish to post private messages to or about the LCOC may do so in the Private LCOC Forum.

Moderator: LCOC Moderators

Jmcbain
Occasional Visitor

What region is Columbus ohio

Post by Jmcbain »

ohio valley or sothern ohio? It's hard to tell from regions map.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: What region is Columbus ohio

Post by Dan Szwarc »

The Ohio Valley Region is hosting the meet.
Jmcbain
Occasional Visitor

Re: What region is Columbus ohio

Post by Jmcbain »

I get it -stupid question. Oh well, at least I know for sure now. Thanks for your help-

Landshark65 :smt004
Gerald F. Chase
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: What region is Columbus ohio? MID-WEST !

Post by Gerald F. Chase »

Whatever group is hosting it . . . is not in the "East". Ohio is the Eastern edge of the MID-WEST,
time zones notwithstanding.

Why is it that the 'competition club', the Cadillac-LaSalle Club will hold their national meets East of
the Hudson River, 1988 and 2000; but the LCOC seldom ventures East of the Ohio - Penn. border?

I've visited the Mid-West lots of times. Those who haven't driven East of Philly or NYC simply do
not understand how much more difficult and time-consuming that driving time is here. For someone
from Boston to go to Columbus is not a one-day trip. I can do the same mileage in one day West
of Pittsburg toward Lincoln, Neb., for comparison. It's because the driving is so much easier----
"wide open spaces"---West of the hills, curves, and cities of the East. Trust my experience on this.

Well, at least progress has been made in the LCOC: we finally have a New England Region that
serves New England, not just SouthWestern New England toward Philadelphia and Delaware.

Peace.

Jerry

Return to “Public LCOC & LMCF-Related Discussion”