Need topics for Jan. board meeting in Atlanta

This public area is set aside as a courtesy for the Lincoln & Continental Owners Club and the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation for topics specifically related to the them. Inquiries can be made by non-members concerning the two organizations here. All mention and reference to the LCOC is allowed under fair-use laws. TLF.Net is not affiliated with the LCOC or LMCF in any way and the messages posted here do not reflect the views of the LCOC or TLF.Net. Members who wish to post private messages to or about the LCOC may do so in the Private LCOC Forum.

Moderator: LCOC Moderators

Vitas
No Longer With Us

Re: Need topics for Jan. board meeting in Atlanta

Post by Vitas »

Dan Szwarc wrote:Not the thread to discuss it.
Any of the details of any particulars of this sort of arrangement should be properly negotiated in a conference committee at the National Board meeting.

It should be noted, your efforts are also a gift, a major one.

Vitas
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Vitas wrote:
Dan Szwarc wrote:Not the thread to discuss it.
Any of the details of any particulars of this sort of arrangement should be properly negotiated in a conference committee at the National Board meeting.

It should be noted, your efforts are also a gift, a major one.

Vitas
I don't mean to prevent discussion of an worthwhile topic. I think the LCOC prefers to have the issues presented as a suggestion, but also have the reasoning behind those suggestions as backup. It helps the committees and board understand the purpose behind a policy change.

Making this forum the official forum of the LCOC would probably come with many conditions and definitions.

For the record, I do not claim to own the content on this board. I prefer to say that is owned by the members and that I am its custodian. I would like this forum to grow beyond me and into an entity that is sustained by the efforts of many. It will likely take the cooperation of the LCOC to do that. Otherwise, it will fall to the next person who has the means to continue it. I don't get many volunteers to do that.

I am not ready to propose that this be the official forum of the LCOC. I don't think the LCOC is ready for one. My goal is to prepare them for it over time as they grow to understand what the forum is and how it can be used.
Vitas
No Longer With Us

Post by Vitas »

drhardee wrote:Gentlemen,

What do you have to add for consideration by the Board? Dave
The revitalization of the efforts made during the '80's to increase participation in Regional, SPECIFIC, LOCAL areas, as was understood by the National Board at that time. It is the definition of the heart and soul of this club, and our appreciation of what a Lincoln is, and what it stands for.

Vitas

==================================================

Guidelines for the founding of new Regions of LCOC
by Vitas on 18 Aug 2007 08:14

I think that it is fairly clear enough that the reason that we do not retain new members is because of the lack of specific local activities in areas reasonably close by to where they live. I think that the solution to this retention issue is not extensive tinkering with National Meet rules, because only 10 - 15 % of members actually participate in them.

The very possible solution to the lack of specific local activities in some areas is to try harder with the existing Constitution and By Laws that have been in place for decades. We do not need any kind of radical change in the rules.

From what I understand there was a concerted effort in the early '80's by then VP of Regions Elmer Rohn to increase regional participation. He sent out a letter to all LCOC members, I don't know the exact details, asking members to take action. This apparently led to the formation of the Southern Region, the Chesapeake Region, and the Philadelphia Region.

The National Board has to provide specific guidance as to what should be done to those inquiring. A simple "eleven or more members" reply is not sufficient. There are practical steps that should be taken. I tried one approach in the New England area the last couple of years, this year I am trying a different approach. Given that we are only 1/4 of our way through the season, we will discover what works.

We need to hear what specific issues there are from various areas so that we can focus on these concerns. From what I understand, "local" is within 75 miles of a central area for the majority of the region. Obviously those that choose to live in a distant area will have a longer drive.

The people that I have met at LCOC activities over the years have been the most sweet and the most fabulous people. We youngsters need to carry the torch successfully.

Vitas

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22546&hilit=+Vitas
jsanford
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by jsanford »

This thread is for topics related to the LCOC.ORG Website that we want to put before the Board in January.
If you have suggestions for other club related stuff you think should be put before the Board it should be discussed in the appropriate thread located here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22651

Jeremy
LCOC Western Region Webmaster & Northern CA Activities Coordinator.
Vitas
No Longer With Us

Post by Vitas »

jsanford wrote:This thread is for topics related to the LCOC.ORG Website that we want to put before the Board in January.
If you have suggestions for other club related stuff you think should be put before the Board it should be discussed in the appropriate thread located here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22651
Jeremy
How about something peculiarly intriguing- What do any one of us want in a Club such as LCOC?

vitas

Return to “Public LCOC & LMCF-Related Discussion”