LCOC members can now get Ford's X-plan employee discount

This public area is set aside as a courtesy for the Lincoln & Continental Owners Club and the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation for topics specifically related to the them. Inquiries can be made by non-members concerning the two organizations here. All mention and reference to the LCOC is allowed under fair-use laws. TLF.Net is not affiliated with the LCOC or LMCF in any way and the messages posted here do not reflect the views of the LCOC or TLF.Net. Members who wish to post private messages to or about the LCOC may do so in the Private LCOC Forum.

Moderator: LCOC Moderators

Barry Wolk
TLFer for Life

LCOC members can now get Ford's X-plan employee discount

Post by Barry Wolk »

Through the efforts of the Michigan Region of the LCOC, Ford had granted all National LCOC members, in good standing, their X-plan employee discount.

If you're not an LCOC member, now is the time to join. Your $36.00 membership could save you a bundle and give you a voice in the Lincoln community.

Once you join the LCOC and are assigned a membership number you may contact Dan for access to the Private LCOC section to obtain a PIN and read the X-plan rules.

Here is the link: (NOTE THE UPDATE BELOW BEFORE ENTERING YOUR INFORMATION).

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22889

Update: The x plan page is broken on Ford’s side, even though the info. Looks as if it’s going through, it just disappears. Call Glenn Kramer (832-368-2575) and he'll enter the info. for you.
Last edited by Barry Wolk on Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
'56 Mark II convertible, '51 Royal Spartanette, '56 Chris Craft Continental
'68 Lincoln Continental Limo, '77 Town Car, '55 356 Porsche Continental cabrio,
'69 Mark III convertible,'88 BMW 750iL, '88 BMW 325iX, '97 BMW Z-3, '98 ML-320

My newest car is 15 years old!
briven95
Dedicated Enthusiast

Re: LCOC members can now get Ford's X-plan employee discount

Post by briven95 »

Thanks to Barry for arranging this discount. X-plan is a no-haggle price that is a very good deal, especially if you are interested in a car that is unlikely to get much in the way of rebates, like Mustangs, that are not discounted as much as say an Explorer or F-150. The price is just above the dealer invoice price. You will still get any rebates that are offered.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I moved this to the public LCOC forum for now, but I think the details should only be posted in the private LCOC forum. There can be a post linking to the one in the private area. Non-LCOC users will not be able to follow the link to the post with the details.
mdsbob
Occasional Visitor

Post by mdsbob »

My intent is not to burst anyones bubble...
But at a previous place of employment we also received the employee "X" plan. A friend went to a dealership and copied info. off of the window sticker of a vehicle that he was interested in purchasing. Inputed into the system and got the pricing, then he went to the dealership with this info. in his back pocket. He was able to negotiate a better price without ever revealing that he had "X" plan available to him.
However, if you are not too keen at negotiation, this may be able to save you a few bucks.
When the man at the door said "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", naturally I thought it was a delivery...
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

mdsbob wrote:My intent is not to burst anyones bubble...
But at a previous place of employment we also received the employee "X" plan. A friend went to a dealership and copied info. off of the window sticker of a vehicle that he was interested in purchasing. Inputed into the system and got the pricing, then he went to the dealership with this info. in his back pocket. He was able to negotiate a better price without ever revealing that he had "X" plan available to him.
However, if you are not too keen at negotiation, this may be able to save you a few bucks.
Negotiation should always be your first option. If you negotiate a price and then ask them to reveal the plan price, you'll know what to pick.

I have heard you should never tell them if you intend to lease until the end. Always plan on buying. They fudge numbers for leasers and prefer not to talk about the price.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

All LCOC members can access the link above.

If you are an LCOC member and the link doesn't work, request access the the "Private LCOC forum" by PMing me.
Barry Wolk
TLFer for Life

Post by Barry Wolk »

We've only had 2 people take advantage of this offer so far.

On the subject of getting a better deal. I've been told that there is a possibility of getting a better deal, only if it is very near the end of the month or the end of a numbers driven promotion. Timing and a lot of negotiation are necessary, though.

I'm told, by our Ford contact, that the dealership that sells under X-plan is incurring the loss. In the case of the X-plan sale the dealer is assured a profit in the form of a credit from Ford. I'm not sure what that number is, but it's a profit. The X-plan is much better for their business.

Also, to be clear, this offer is on any Ford product and all rebates or specials in force at the time of the sale apply.

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I'd use it to get a Smart or a Solstice.

Oh, wait. Ford doesn't make those cars.
shelbyite

Post by shelbyite »

the x plan is not fords employee discount. that is the a or z plan. The x plan is a supplier pricing program. It is wrong to call it employee pricing when it is supplier pricing program that is available to most anyone that works at a medium size co. in some cases you can beat the x plan price by calling the fleet dept and getting a 100 over invoice price.it is misleading to call it employee pricing when it is not!
ShawnB

Post by ShawnB »

Employee Discount it is... because this program is not available to anyone outside of the Ford Family. The plan difference between A,X &Z is within 1-2% depending on the product.

What is important to understand is that the X plan is a "no haggle" price and actually compensates the dealer so that you the customer will benefit from the reduced price. In turn the dealer benefits as well and can continue to provide a service in your community.

Keep in mind, some dealers own their floor plan and some finance their inventory. Depending on the dealership you go to when you come in with a plan may impact the deal only if a dealer has a product on the lot a longer time. For example the dealer may be utilizing credit for their "floor plan", therefore financing their vehicles in inventory which adds cost every day the vehicle is in their inventory.

Lastly remember Ford Motor Company is not offering this to any other clubs such as the Mustang or Thunderbird organizations and I sincerely ask on behalf of Ford Motor Company that the LCOC help cascade a winning and team spirit attitude for the benefit of all involved.

I hope this information is helpful, if you have further questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Your LCOC sponsor for the X plan
Shawn Brozovich
Barry Wolk
TLFer for Life

Post by Barry Wolk »

If I understand you correctly Shawn, the dealer is compensated a reasonable profit by Ford when the X-plan is used. In the event of a negotiated price, equal to, or below X-plan the dealer makes little or no money, just to move inventory.

Is this correct?

gkramer47
Former LCOC Pres.

Post by gkramer47 »

Shawn and Barry,

I've personally submitted eight apps for the X plan pin number for LCOC members who are computer challenged, based on my putting my phone number in the "Comments" article. Everyone I've spoken to has expressed appreciation that Ford would extend this courtesy to LCOC.

Sure, we could get this, that or the other plan, but the point is that we have the X plan and no other club does. At worst, it gives LCOC members another arrow in their negotiating quiver, at best it gets them substantial savings on a new Ford/LM car or truck.

Shawn, believe me, we truly appreciate your going out of your way to get this for the club. Rest assured that those of us who appreciate your efforts are doing everything we can to get some results for you.

Glenn Kramer
ShawnB

Post by ShawnB »

barry2952 wrote:If I understand you correctly Shawn, the dealer is compensated a reasonable profit by Ford when the X-plan is used. In the event of a negotiated price, equal to, or below X-plan the dealer makes little or no money, just to move inventory.

Is this correct?
Yes, Barry you are correct.
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Barry, I have a couple of questions regarding this; if you're not the right person to ask, maybe you can direct me to that person.

Is this plan available for a lease?

I'm not real clear on the negotiation first. My thinking (which may be wrong) is that if I negotiate a price and then ask about the X Plan, if the X Plan price is actually better, they might not necessarily tell me, just so they make more money. After all, how do I know what the X Plan price is?

Example, I negotiate a price of $30,000 for a car. Then I ask what the X Plan price is, are they really going to tell me if it's $28,000? What's their incentive to give me a lower price? The only way it would work out for me is if I knew up front the X Plan price was $28,000.

Thanks for the help; I'll be shopping for a vehicle soon and might consider the Escape or Mariner Hybrid.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

My understanding is one negotiates a price, then decides to buy or lease. The lease payments are based on the negotiated price.

Return to “Public LCOC & LMCF-Related Discussion”