More information on LCOC.

This public area is set aside as a courtesy for the Lincoln & Continental Owners Club and the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation for topics specifically related to the them. Inquiries can be made by non-members concerning the two organizations here. All mention and reference to the LCOC is allowed under fair-use laws. TLF.Net is not affiliated with the LCOC or LMCF in any way and the messages posted here do not reflect the views of the LCOC or TLF.Net. Members who wish to post private messages to or about the LCOC may do so in the Private LCOC Forum.

Moderator: LCOC Moderators

autostick
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by autostick »

mdsbob wrote:I notcie someone wanting, shall I say "their cake and eat it too". An example of this is:
Any way, in that discussion I made the point that this forum is much like a house with a lot of rooms. No one forces you to go into a room you feel uncomfortable in. If you don't like a particular room, stay out of it, and only go to those rooms you are comfortable with. Usually character bashing is restricted to the war room, not the rooms dealing with automotive repair and general discussion about our Lincolns.

I for one am not sorry he got banned. Play by the rules, or get the hell out.
Bob, I guess you've decided that your not likely to need any help with your project going forward.
Agree wholeheartedly with Bob Hubbard, and also with Dan's temporary ban. Since this thread has been substantively hijacked anyway, here is another change of subject about your signature file:
mdsbob wrote:When the man at the door said "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", naturally I thought it was a delivery...
There was a fire in the house at the end of the street. Fortunately, it was extinguished quickly. Much to our surprise, a whole bunch of BATF vehicles showed up. Turns out the fire was not put out by the firefighters. The house contained materials and equipment to make bullets; there was so much gunpowder in it that when ignited, it sucked all the oxygen out of the structure and the blaze failed from lack of oxygen. BATF was there cleaning up more than 50,000 rounds of ammunition.
The owner is a nice guy, just an avid hunter. He may have gone a bit overboard with his hobby, but BATF let him go. But when the shooting starts, I now know where to go to reload. :smt066
Bob Hubbard
On Special Assignment

Post by Bob Hubbard »

Not sure what you meant by "some having their cake and eating it too".
What I said was, if you don't like a particular thread, you have two choices, stay away from it or ignore it.
Personal bashing , regardless of whome it is aimed at should be restricted to the war room, which it is.
We are all aware of that.
Now, let us see if we can bring this thread back on topic.
Besides my membership card, does the club send out some sort of booklet explaining what the club does?
Will I also receive a list of current members?
Bob.
W. Higgins
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by W. Higgins »

Hum, lots to cover….

(Please excuse the code not working)

[quote=“Dan Szwarc”]Walter was given a 24hr suspension. [/quote]

Rather convenient that I wasn’t told it was a suspension and not a banning when you did it (as the message said when I refreshed and went to check posts that day), only just discovered it this afternoon or else I would have rebutted earlier. I saw I was banned and I’m not one to rehash myself under several usernames as some have done in the past. I use my name, my name only, and when I’m not welcome anymore, I don’t kick-in doors that are locked.

On the bright side, from the onset of the ban I instantly quit getting the spam emails I’m accustomed to every day. But, also don’t get notifications anymore, either.

[quote=“Dan Szwarc”]It all comes down to insulting the one who runs the place. There are no rules necessary to point out that one does not do that under any circumstances.[/quote]

What you mean to say is that there was a time you wanted LCOC to keep the forum…. though now that you’ve found it convenient to use as your bully pulpit, it belongs to you. Conflicting interest, especially considering you have no qualms about using something funded by others (mostly LCOC members, if I’m not mistaken) for your personal benefit to further your campaign, and at the same time to scour your opponents. Impartiality out the window. As a friend would say, “Burn the books.” Everybody hold hands and sing Kum Ba Yah. A candidate accepting funding from both sides of the aisle.

By the way, I see you’ve removed the “confrontational/passionate” phrase that was in your signature. If it wasn’t pandering….?

[quote=“gkramer47”]Walter probably got caught on a bad day. He's contributed a lot of valuable information to the Forum.[/quote]

No, actually it was a marvelous day (and still was afterwards). Most days are. And thank you for the compliment.

[quote=“DarkLincoln 65”] Thanks for killing an attempt at forward thinking and brain storming.[/quote]

Nick, you are no doubt the spokesman for the prevailing liberal philosophy that anyone should be able to say whatever they want without comment or criticism…. until it challenges them directly. You responded to a comment I made, and I responded to you. That’s how brainstorming works. Naivety doesn’t play well.

[quote=“Gradyjacoway”] It is nice having the older generation like Dan Szwarc to bring in new blood (younger generation) like DarkLincoln 65 to the LCOC for simple fun and pleasure in the car hobby field.
DarkLincoln65-hang in there. Don't let few bad apples ruin your hobby life. [/quote]

There is more foolishness in that quote than I am willing to point out. Anyway, you're typical of the type that enjoy riding on the coattails of others for an opportunity to snip back at someone, and someone that is only here for money.

[quote=“Bob Hubbard”]There is an old saying everyone can benefit from, that being,"Make sure the brain is engaged before putting the mouth in motion"[/quote]

Had you heeded your own advice, you would have studied before ever starting this thread.

[quote=“Bob Hubbard”]This web site and forum are the property of Dan, and being a private venture, as the web master, he has the right to ban anyone he feels is not living up too the rules he has set up.[/quote]

Again proving your ignorance, as verified by Dan himself:

[quote=“Dan Szwarc”]Luckily, our status as a forum will not change since we are supported by our members and not the LCOC.[/quote]

Besides, my comments were not intended as insults – they are the perceived accurate observations of myself and many-many others.

[quote=“autostick”] DITTO. Read the war room thread. There have been plenty of warnings.[/quote]

There were no warnings posted here, and if they were in the War Room, I do not have access to that. If this thread was suited for the War Room, than it was someone else’s responsibility to move it there.

[quote=“Bob Hubbard”] What I said was, if you don't like a particular thread, you have two choices, stay away from it or ignore it.[/quote]

Wrong.

[quote=“Bob Hubbard”] No one forces you to go into a room you feel uncomfortable in. If you don't like a particular room, stay out of it, and only go to those rooms you are comfortable with.[/quote]

I’m wholly comfortable with entering this room, your previous statement says nothing about ignoring it. Typical – silence the ones with which you cannot contend.

Anyway, it’s fortunate that this forum is not the end-all representation of the club. There are still many people that read here that don’t need me to point out the hypocrisy and ignorance perpetrated. It is quite obvious. Since opinions not concurring with the moderators is not acceptable, I’ll not waste my time posting things that will get deleted or get me banned. In my absence, I’ve found better things to occupy my time, anyway. Voluntarily signing off. Fire away.
Chris Whalen
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Chris Whalen »

Well done.
Barry Wolk
TLFer for Life

Post by Barry Wolk »

Bob Hubbard wrote: Besides my membership card, does the club send out some sort of booklet explaining what the club does?
Will I also receive a list of current members?
Bob.
You will receive next year's directory. I can send you last year's if you'd like.

The Lincoln and Continental Comments magazine will clue you into club functions but most things happen at the local level.
'56 Mark II convertible, '51 Royal Spartanette, '56 Chris Craft Continental
'68 Lincoln Continental Limo, '77 Town Car, '55 356 Porsche Continental cabrio,
'69 Mark III convertible,'88 BMW 750iL, '88 BMW 325iX, '97 BMW Z-3, '98 ML-320

My newest car is 15 years old!
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Bob,

Congrats on joining. Did you mention you joined because of the site?

Anyway, hope to see you one day. We're on opposite coasts, but maybe we'll meet.

Looking forward to you helping the club get better.
Bob Hubbard
On Special Assignment

Post by Bob Hubbard »

Barry, I would appreciate that very much, thanks.
I will PM you and give you my address.

Stu, There was not a space on the application for additional coments, but I sent a seperate email to member services stating the Lincoln forum was paramount in my decision to join the LCOC.
Bob.
Nick Ricci
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Nick Ricci »

Glad to hear you joined....now you can make suggestions and not get slammed lol :D
2002 Jeep Wrangler
1965 Lincoln Continental
1956 Chris-Craft Sportsman 17' 287 AMC v8
autostick
Addicted to Lincolns

on the subject of a 24 hour ban for W. Higgins

Post by autostick »

W. Higgins wrote:
Dan Szwarc wrote:It all comes down to insulting the one who runs the place. There are no rules necessary to point out that one does not do that under any circumstances.
What you mean to say is that [it is] convenient to use as your bully pulpit, it belongs to you. Conflicting interest, especially considering you have no qualms about using something funded by others (mostly LCOC members, if I’m not mistaken) for your personal benefit
24 hours was way too generous. Maybe 24 years is more appropos. My earlier contributions to this board was by clicking the donate icon in the upper right corner. That was and still is motivated by Dan Szwarc's excellent moderation of this board. My renewal to LCOC is unlikely if it means wading through daft obtuse rants from vacant misanthropes such as the above quote.
Nick Ricci
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Nick Ricci »

don't give him the glory of responding to his negativity maybe it will go away, and dont let the actions of few make you think badly of the whole club there are too many good people here
2002 Jeep Wrangler
1965 Lincoln Continental
1956 Chris-Craft Sportsman 17' 287 AMC v8

Return to “Public LCOC & LMCF-Related Discussion”