Private LCOC Forum is online

This public area is set aside as a courtesy for the Lincoln & Continental Owners Club and the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation for topics specifically related to the them. Inquiries can be made by non-members concerning the two organizations here. All mention and reference to the LCOC is allowed under fair-use laws. TLF.Net is not affiliated with the LCOC or LMCF in any way and the messages posted here do not reflect the views of the LCOC or TLF.Net. Members who wish to post private messages to or about the LCOC may do so in the Private LCOC Forum.

Moderator: LCOC Moderators

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Private LCOC Forum is online

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Doing what I feel is best for the LCOC and it's members, I have set up a private forum for members of the LCOC to post in that cannot be seen by others. I have set up a few rules required if you wish to access that forum:

1.) You must be a current member of the LCOC. This is verified through the Directory and membership of the LCOC. If you quit, your access will be revoked until you re-join.

2.) You must PM me for access or request using the "Join Group" function. I won't be giving access to all LCOC members automatically. That's too much work and I don't know who's a member because of the usernames. However, if you request access through this forum's Private Message system (the little PM icon), you will get it once verified. Don't bother posting in this thread to ask for access. I may not see it.

To use the "Join group" function, Click on this link (it will take you to your control panel under the usergroups tab, select "LCOC Members", then click on the submit button at the bottom. You can also request to join other groups this way.

3.) You must identify yourself when you post. I don't think that members should get to hide behind a nickname. A real name is required, but it can be a modified or shorted version of your name, as long as people can figure out who is posting. You have a few choices: You can also put your real name in your signature, change your username permanently, or simply post your name at the end of every post manually. This is probably the most important rule of this forum.

4.) You are responsible for what you say. Everything posted by you is on record.

There will be more rules coming. The LCOC has a moderator who reads what is posted there.

If you have been added to the LCOC Members group, you can go to the forum by clicking here: viewforum.php?f=27
skip7710
Occasional Visitor

Re: Private LCOC Forum is online

Post by skip7710 »

dan, could i get access ti the private fourm.....skip starbird
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

skip7710 wrote:dan, could i get access ti the private fourm.....skip starbird
Done.
AL GOROSH

Post by AL GOROSH »

Dan:

I would like access to the "private forum".

Thanks,

Al Gorosh
Al Gorosh (a/k/a twocar) Gorosh
AGMarkII@aol.com
ReijerLincoln
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by ReijerLincoln »

What's the function and what are the topics of this LCOC members-only forum?

Reijer (non-member)
1964 Lincoln Continental sedan

http://bigfancycar.blogspot.nl/
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

AL GOROSH wrote:Dan:
I would like access to the "private forum".
Thanks,

Al Gorosh
You should see the forum now, Al.
ReijerLincoln wrote:What's the function and what are the topics of this LCOC members-only forum?

Reijer (non-member)
The private area is for LCOC discussion related to political operation, peeves, policies, and other dirty laundry that is not appropriate for non-members to hear. It contains privileged information only for club members.
ReijerLincoln
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by ReijerLincoln »

Thanks Dan.
1964 Lincoln Continental sedan

http://bigfancycar.blogspot.nl/
Stank-67-98

Post by Stank-67-98 »

Hi Dan,
I would like vto get on the forum
Stan Kozdrowski
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Now that the LCOC has it's own forum, there is really no need for the Private LCOC forum here.

Stan, you should register at the LCOC Corner (link is in my sig).
WhiteLightning
Frequent Contributor

Post by WhiteLightning »

Can I get access
1956 Continental Mark II
1969 Continental Mark III
1979 Mark V collectors series triple white
1982 Mark VI 4-door signature series pewter
1982 Mark VI 2-door signature series triple red

No man is an island, some man are peninsulas
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Ditto.

Also, will the posts on the old Private forum be moved?

When we log on to TLF.net, will we see new posts?

On vacation, so brain is not at 100%....
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I haven't changed anything.

The LCOC forum is pretty much dead as no one visits it. Club members have zero interest in using it. I haven't changed anything on this side so this is probably the best place to discuss.

The LCOC is going through some growing pains right now. Out with the old and in with the new and there's more going out than going in.

At least here, the discussion is moderated (by me) and there are a few members who are active here.
JimA
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by JimA »

I looked at LCOC with the intention of joining but it seemed totally focused on originality and I wasn't sure the members would appreciate my car with its mods. Maybe if some modified cars were featured, people with cars like mine would want to join. Just a suggestion you might have heard before and maybe not what LCOC members want.

My advice is free and worth every penny. :smt003
1978 Continental Coupe
521 Stroker -- SOLD :-(
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Well, Jim, I can tell you that the club does prefer people keep their cars original because when one is judged, originality is the best way to separate those who made the effort to do research and find original parts compared to those who just did it any old way.

However, a modified car is better than no car at all. If people were not permitted to modify their cars (due to state or federal laws or whatever), our cars would NOT be repaired and would inevitably be destroyed and lost. So a modified car is still better than no car at all.

Return to “Public LCOC & LMCF-Related Discussion”