The term "Mint condition"

This forum is for discussion of those terms we see in car ads and articles that can be misleading, misunderstood, or misused. The goal is to arrive at definitions we all can agree upon.
Justacrusin'
Occasional Visitor

Post by Justacrusin' »

This car was sold new in Illinois, spent a number of years trapped in a warehouse Elevator in Upstate NY before being purchased by it's current owner. Many of the Lincoln owners are familiar with this car and the owner is a long time collector of Lincoln cars, he has owned some of the best examples of the models he loves.
After reading the above, one would have to question the common sense logic of that really happening. Would anyone leave a basically new car in a malfunctioning elevator for years? The value of the car even if the event actually occurred would have been far, far greater than the cost of repairing the elevator to get it out. Sounds like a bit of a fairy tale.
toddallen
TLFer for Life

Post by toddallen »

I remember when that story came out, It seems that the car was bought as a gift for a very elderly person (I forgot I think it was for the husband). The car was delivered early to make a deadline as a gift (anniversary or something), and the next day the guy had a stroke and went into a rest home (never to return home) the trunk had the original dealer prep boxes etc. that was never installed (was to be done originally in a few days), the guy then died. The wife put the car in an older multi-story storage warehouse facility for years, and when they moved it the elevator broke- was stuck for years in between floors. Probably the most pristine Mark V anywhere. The seller may have paid a mint for it, so he did not get his reserve- or he did not get his mint for it :D .
1963 Linc Convertible
1963 Linc Vert parts car
1968 Mustang FB
2009 Cadillac CTS