Forum Issue, Aug 2013: We're back, baby!

Check here for the latest information about this forum, its policies, rules, changes, backup schedule, features, etc.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Forum Issue, Aug 2013: We're back, baby!

Post by Dan Szwarc »

In case anyone noticed, the forum was out starting Wednesday, August 7 and was still having problems on August 8. The move by our host to a new, faster server caused some problems and the SQL database was malfunctioning and the forum wasn't working. Some people could not log in, including me.

From my iPad, I just found out I was still logged in, but I couldn't from my MacBook Pro. As of this writing, I'm not sure if this is fixed. Anyone who can post, will likely see php errors a not everything will be working. For others, no dice at all.

If you can read this, please be patient. It will be fixed soon.
linc64
TLFer for Life

Re: Forum Outage: Aug 7-8, 2013

Post by linc64 »

I noticed this Dan. I can login with Safari, but not with Firefox.
When I login using Firefox I get the following page. Then it returns to the Board Index, and I'm not logged in.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-08-08 at 7.38.58 PM.png
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Photobucket link blocked by PB
Join the LCOC
Join the Lincoln Motorcar Foundation
1973 Mark IV Fanatic
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by 1973 Mark IV Fanatic »

I had no troubles logging in from my laptop.
Jim Weller 1986 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition, 1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series, 2000 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition.
wasagachris
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by wasagachris »

Testing here now. The site wouldn't load this AM. It seems to work now but no new posts appear since 5:00AM. I'm checking to see if this post works.
EDIT : The post shows up in the new post section. Is no one else posting at all? If you can see this please respond.
1961 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr Sedan,
1973 Lincoln Continental Town Car 4 Dr,
1987 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Stars & Stripes Edition
sauceman
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by sauceman »

I can see, but ya no new posts all day other than yours.

cheers
Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgement.

Yugoslavia '94' , Israel/Syria '99 , Bosnia '02 , Afghanistan '08-'09

My 1977 Town Car build
Ken Stevens
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Ken Stevens »

5:00 PM and I can logon no problem from the Mac desktop (Firefox.) Not so much from the iPad (Safari.) Won't let me do it. So I'll keep checking in on the big screen.
Ken Stevens
61 LC Convertible
linc64
TLFer for Life

Post by linc64 »

Ken Stevens wrote:5:00 PM and I can logon no problem from the Mac desktop (Firefox.) Not so much from the iPad (Safari.) Won't let me do it. So I'll keep checking in on the big screen.
Strange things going on here. I can login on my Mac with Safari, but not with Firefox. Also noticed that some members avatars aren't showing, though mine and Dan's are.
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Join the LCOC
Pokeymom aka Chad

Post by Pokeymom aka Chad »

linc64 wrote:
Ken Stevens wrote:5:00 PM and I can logon no problem from the Mac desktop (Firefox.) Not so much from the iPad (Safari.) Won't let me do it. So I'll keep checking in on the big screen.
Strange things going on here. I can login on my Mac with Safari, but not with Firefox. Also noticed that some members avatars aren't showing, though mine and Dan's are.
Yeah, the only way I can get on is to latch onto somebody else's post in a public forum. I wish there was a way more users who can't find workarounds could be made aware of the problems. Is anyone able to do a mass email to the user's email addresses keeping us appraised?

Thanks
linc64
TLFer for Life

Post by linc64 »

We can use the LCOC forum as an alternate way of communicating whenever this one is down.

http://lcoc.org/phpbb3/
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Join the LCOC
Sampson82

Post by Sampson82 »

Pokeymom aka Chad wrote:
linc64 wrote:
Yeah, the only way I can get on is to latch onto somebody else's post in a public forum. I wish there was a way more users who can't find workarounds could be made aware of the problems. Is anyone able to do a mass email to the user's email addresses keeping us appraised?

Thanks
This is what most users are getting and it then throws them back out to the l og in screen.

Strict Standards: Non-static method phpbb_captcha_factory::get_instance() should not be called statically in /home/thelinco/public_html/phpbb3/posting.php on line 51

Strict Standards: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method phpbb_captcha_sortables::get_instance() should not be called statically in /home/thelinco/public_html/phpbb3/includes/captcha/captcha_factory.php on line 38
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:51)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:51)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:51)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:51)
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Forum Problems: Aug 2013: CAN'T LOG IN

Post by Dan Szwarc »

The forum is experiencing trouble. I'm working with the host to figure it out. Users may not be able to log in. Those logged in, may not be able to log back in if they log out.
Spot
Lincoln Maniac

Re: Forum Problems: Aug 2013: CAN'T LOG IN

Post by Spot »

I had the same problems like linc64. Deleting the cookies for this forum (in firefox) solved the login-problem !
1977 Lincoln Continental Coupe (unrestored survivor in Dark Red Moondust)
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve.
Let the chips fall where they may !
(Tyler Durden, Fight Club)
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Forum Issue, Aug 2013: We're back, baby!

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I've repaired the basic problem with the forum and the system is back online for all to use, with one exception: Registration
is closed for the time being.

I need to run some tests and check some things before I open up to new users.

We are running 3.0.11 now.
Suicidekid63
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Suicidekid63 »

Woo Hoo! Thanks to Dan and anyone else (if anyone) who helped to get it back up!!
I was like a crack head without crack, when the forum was down.
navguy12
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by navguy12 »

I've repaired the basic problem with the forum and the system is back online for all to use, with one exception: Registration is closed for the time being.

I need to run some tests and check some things before I open up to new users.

We are running 3.0.11 now.
Dan, thanks again!!!! I'd hotmail you, but microsoft outlook seems to be in a funk today.......

Return to “Forum Information & Rules”