67 automatic air

Power windows, power lock, power seats, radios, heaters, fans, motors, relays, air conditioning, and other accessories or wiring-related items.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

daryl erdman
Occasional Visitor

67 automatic air

Post by daryl erdman »

My automatic air works fine until there is a call for heat. the unit then goes into full heat and will not allow a temperature change. I dpull the vc hose of off of the blend air servp and then works ok for a little while. i do not think it is the mcu more likely an electrical issue, rheostat etc. any ideas???
57 Mark II
66 Coupe
67 Coupe
57 t-bird
59 retractable
64 tbird
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: 67 automatic air

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Hi Daryl, first thing I would check is that the various sensors are within spec. You can measure their resistances and also the the rheostat resistance. If any of these are out of whack or failing, the system won’t work correctly. Your symptoms sounds more like an ailing master control unit (brain that is mounted to firewall next to steering column), to me. After this long, these units need to be serviced. Lincoln Land will make it like new and fully test it. Other option is to get the ATC supplement and start troubleshooting via the procedures in there. The ultimate solution is to get a 68+ master control unit and have it refurbished. 1967 units were not quite perfected. 68+ boxes had the kinks worked out. Other thing to check is the integrity of the vacuum lines. These things are very sensitive to any vacuum problems. If you haven’t already, replace all of the vac lines under the hood. They can look otherwise fine, but leak like a sieve.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham

Return to “Electrical & Accessories”