Rear Window Adjustment on '68 Sedan

Power windows, power lock, power seats, radios, heaters, fans, motors, relays, air conditioning, and other accessories or wiring-related items.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

wildweasel

Rear Window Adjustment on '68 Sedan

Post by wildweasel »

Hello again Lincoln Gurus,

Have been having an issue with the rear windows in my '68 Sedan for some time and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do, or if I need a professional.

Both rear windows (left and right) are mis-aligned with the roof rails.

What this means is that when I raise the windows full up the window frame contacts the weatherstrip, moves outboard, and continues up a fraction of an inch to where it more or less rubs the roof rail metal on the front side. The resulting "gap" between the window and the pillar weatherstrip (the vertical surface) is as much as half an inch. The rear end of the window seems to seal about right.

My work-around for the last 25 years has been to bump the window switch slowly while guiding the window into the weatherstrip to achieve a decent seal, but as soon as the door is opened/shut or someone rolls the window down I'm back at square one.

I'm aware there are track adjustment screws on the bottom of each rear door - perhaps forcing the window inboard via these things would solve the problem but thought I'd ask for opinions. Thanks!

Return to “Electrical & Accessories”