Adjustable (tilt) steering column 1965

Power windows, power lock, power seats, radios, heaters, fans, motors, relays, air conditioning, and other accessories or wiring-related items.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

defrang
Addicted to Lincolns

Adjustable (tilt) steering column 1965

Post by defrang »

Discovered something new today while replacing nonfunctioning vacuum hose to the vacuum motor responsible for the adjustable steering column. It has its own vacuum reservoir nestled in the area to the rear of the front driver side wheel. FYI.
Attachments
the cut hose goes from the column electric switch to the vacuum motor underneath the steering column. the hose from this reservoir also goes to this switch.
the cut hose goes from the column electric switch to the vacuum motor underneath the steering column. the hose from this reservoir also goes to this switch.
Robert DeFrang
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Adjustable (tilt) steering column 1965

Post by bd94s10 »

So I now own Robert's previously owned '65 (he sold it to me) and I used this photo in my video I did yesterday explaining the tilt column!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFsV5lJ9wq0

Let me know if I got anything wrong!

Jason
defrang
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by defrang »

It was good video. As I recall, I identified all this when I was replacing the fuel hoses from the pump to the tank. The vacuum hoses to the small tank were replaced by me about 3-4 years ago.
Robert DeFrang
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Thanks. You did an amazing job on it. Someone even commented on the video that it helped them figure out a vacuum line on their car and now their tilt is working! They said it had never worked prior.

Return to “Electrical & Accessories”