need help with window switches 68 continental

Power windows, power lock, power seats, radios, heaters, fans, motors, relays, air conditioning, and other accessories or wiring-related items.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

deltacorp

need help with window switches 68 continental

Post by deltacorp »

hey guys, I screwed up and disassembled the window switch plug on the driver side before I could document where the wires went, and now I have a nightmare on my hands, does ANYONE have either A: a GOOD high res pic of the wiring diagram, OR B: a picture of the pigtails with wires going into the plug? that would make life 10000x easier. thanks in advance.
-S
1968 Lincoln Continental Coupe "BADGNDPA"
brendanw
Dedicated Enthusiast

Re: need help with window switches 68 continental

Post by brendanw »

There may be some useful info on my previous post on the topic and the others that Iinked off of it.

http://www.thelincolnforum.net/phpbb3/v ... =2&t=39362
1968 Lincoln Continental Sedan - Black on black - 462 ci [SOLD NOV 2017]
Jcarnes
Frequent Contributor

Post by Jcarnes »

If you can list the colors of wires of whatever connector you need I will most likely be able to get you the pics and info you need. When I bought my 68 all wires had been cut to master connectors.... it was rough... I bought factory manuals but colors didn't match book so I was fortunate enough to get some connectors to go by. Long story short. Everything works now but I know how you're feeling Right now
jeff
1968 lincoln continental
Cole1968
Occasional Visitor

Post by Cole1968 »

Im having this exact same problem I do not know where the wires should be properly located inside the black connector
Cole1968
Occasional Visitor

Post by Cole1968 »

I did end up figuring everything out, and if anyone else it trying to figure this problem out feel free to ask. I would be more than willing to help

Return to “Electrical & Accessories”