Trans Fluid Article

This forum is exclusively to address ATF fluids, their applications, etc. Feel free to discuss the "facts", but save the flaming for private. Please ask all other transmission-related questions (such as parts) in the Engine & Drivetrain forum.
RMAENV
Addicted to Lincolns

Trans Fluid Article

Post by RMAENV »

Dan,

You may want to move this to the Trans Fluid section in this category but I wanted as many to read this as are interested. This was in my Hemming's Daily today... http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015 ... refer=news
Rob
1966 Lincoln Convertible (White/Black)
1957 Chevy Bel Air Resto-Mod (Anthricite/Black)
2009 Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi (Hemi Orange Pearl/Black)
2012 Expedition EL (White Titanium Tricoat/Charcoal)
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Trans Fluid Article

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Ford first produced its own transmission fluid formulation in 1967, referred to as Type F or Type FA. The name comes from Ford’s specification number for the fluid, ESW M2C33-F. This fluid was used in all Ford transmissions until 1977 and most Ford transmissions until 1980.
What LIES!! Type F was M2C33-C/D in 1961, was first used in 1964 Lincolns (and possibly other Fords) and was named Type F because it was Ford! The F-version of the spec didn't appear until the mid-70s or later!

What total BS!
Capek13
Frequent Contributor

Post by Capek13 »

Dan, someone needs to plug you into the matrix and download all the crap in your head before it's too late. :D
- Jason
1963 sedan. Looks pretty and drives great. It's been a long time comin'.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I know a lot of stuff, which is why I post. When I'm gone, someone else will have to run this place.

I could link it, but the information debunking the article is already on this forum. (Type F is used in 1964 Lincolns).
Suicidekid63
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Suicidekid63 »

No wonder transmission fluid type for 61-63 Lincolns is such a debate. So many confusing articles out there.
It appears to me, that just from the facts on this forum, that either F or A (Dex III) can be used, as many use F and I, myself, have used Dex, without issue for years.
Basically, just use the one you are comfortable with, IMO.
Steven Wecker 1963 Lincoln Continental sedan survivor/ Ermine white w/ Pearl honey beige interior
"Moby"- The Wixom whale / aka: "Pale Rider"
ALWAYS carry a fire extinguisher!!!

Return to “Automatic Transmission Fluid Forum”