Show us your avatars!

Notice any problems? Have a suggestion? Want to offer praise or criticism? This is the place to do it.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Should this forum allow avatars?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:22 pm

Yes, but Lincoln pics only
49%
Yes, but anything we want (fat chance)
17%
No, I hate them.
17%
What is an avatar?
17%

Total votes: 59

sweetwil23
Occasional Visitor

Re: Show us your avatars!

Post by sweetwil23 »

test
Black 1962 Continental
Black 2006 Lincoln Town Car
Black 2007 Harley StreetGlide Custom
Lincoln For Life
Rookie
Occasional Visitor

Post by Rookie »

I agree that the avatars should only be about lincolns. This forum is about the cars we love, not our pretty faces. :grin:
1963 Lincoln sedan
linc64
TLFer for Life

Post by linc64 »

Here are the original rules for avatars:
Dan Szwarc wrote:I have enabled avatars. These will allow one to choose a special picture that is shown next to your name in every post.

There are some RULES for avatars. Maximum height and width is 140 wide by 100 tall. Maximum size is 10kB. The width is already the width of the name column. The height is just something reasonable.

You can upload a personal avatar by accessing your Profile and scrolling to the bottom to the avatar configuration area or you can choose from a wide variety of Lincoln pics I have uploaded.

I would prefer that one's avatar content meet the following:

* Pics of LINCOLNS, Lincoln parts, Lincoln Logos, etc.
* Pics of YOURSELF and your family (with or without a Lincoln)
* General car-related parts that are not recognizable as being non-Lincoln.
* Avatars must be single pics and cannot be animated gifs.
* Pics that are directly related to your Username.

However, since I consider those who use this forum to be more civilized, respectful of others, and more mature than the "typical" forum-user on the internet due to the owners being older and focused on restoring and preserving their Lincolns, I will allow users to chose avatars that do not meet the above content requirements.

Of course, all pics must be tasteful and non-offensive. Anything outside of this may get deleted, without warning. Abuse of avatars may result in penalties such as deletion of the avatar, or deletion of the user.

DO NOT COMPLAIN about the avatar rules. They are strict to maintain the dignity of this forum. Much like signature rules, they are critical to the forum not looking like crap.

There are a bunch in the gallery. Otherwise, you are free to make your own avatar.

Enjoy this feature.
In view of recent threads in the Lounge, maybe some of this should be re-worded. :stick:

"However, since I consider those who use this forum to be more civilized, respectful of others, and more mature than the "typical" forum-user on the internet due to the owners being older and focused on restoring and preserving their Lincolns......" :smt005

"Of course, all pics must be tasteful and non-offensive." :smt005 :smt005

"They are strict to maintain the dignity of this forum." :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Photobucket link blocked by PB
Join the LCOC
Join the Lincoln Motorcar Foundation