Fitting under the hood problems on 68'LC

This area is for those who need help modernizing their Lincoln for purposes other than strict restoration. Such questions can be about adding an electric fuel pump, adding fuel injection, boosting horsepower or gas mileage, or tightening or lowering the suspension. Body customizing and chopping can also be here (although this practice is not encouraged by the LCOC).

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

Chaser8686

Fitting under the hood problems on 68'LC

Post by Chaser8686 »

So I am in the middle of a resto on my 69' 2 door w/460. I went with the edlebrock performer intake and the #8477 MSD distributor. The problem we think will be that we can't get the hood closed, anyone else have this problem? I've looked for different caps but they don't make any. We also can't get the air cleaner on. So looks like I'll need to sell the MSD distributor (pm for details) and get a different one. Unless someone has other options.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Fitting under the hood problems on 68'LC

Post by Dan Szwarc »

It is kinda tight under there to begin with. I'm not sure that I've seen a 69 with the performer manifold since they come with 4bbls already.

You need a low rise air cleaner to fit under that hood. Make sure you don't have too many spacers under the carb.

Return to “Updating, Modernizing, and Customizing”