Question about static drop on 67 convertible

This area is for those who need help modernizing their Lincoln for purposes other than strict restoration. Such questions can be about adding an electric fuel pump, adding fuel injection, boosting horsepower or gas mileage, or tightening or lowering the suspension. Body customizing and chopping can also be here (although this practice is not encouraged by the LCOC).

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

milesofsmiles
Occasional Visitor

Question about static drop on 67 convertible

Post by milesofsmiles »

Hello newbie here.
I have been reading the forum. I know the amount to lower your car is subjective. I want a conservative static drop. I personally feel the car looks better a little lower than stock. I have read if you drop it too much you will bottom out, sacrafice ride quality, tire rub, have difficult time getting wheels on, and have to move rear axel etc. I would like to lower it but want to try to avoid the above noted issues.
I would like the drop to be level. I have noted a couple of guys using 3 inch slabshack lowering blocks and Jamco 2 inch springs (lincolnaddict and stinkinlincolnparts).
I am running stock wheels and tires. At the arch of fender chrome above tire in front is 27 inches from ground and rear is 24 3/4 inches.
Any suggestions for conservative static drop?
Thanks,
Mike
1967 convertible

Return to “Updating, Modernizing, and Customizing”