BCFAB 61-69 Front Shock Relocation –Finally an easy solution

This area is for those who need help modernizing their Lincoln for purposes other than strict restoration. Such questions can be about adding an electric fuel pump, adding fuel injection, boosting horsepower or gas mileage, or tightening or lowering the suspension. Body customizing and chopping can also be here (although this practice is not encouraged by the LCOC).

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

syfe1
Occasional Visitor

BCFAB 61-69 Front Shock Relocation –Finally an easy solution

Post by syfe1 »

I have a 1964 Continental... love the car! I bought it on Jan of 2018 (needed a new project) I have been working on it non stop since I took possession. I bagged it, and I have been looking for some type of shock relocation kit since. I have seen people take Impala relocation kits.. modify them and mount them behind the bag (toward the cabin)... they would drill new holes... drill into the control arm... and "make it work". I also looked over a Ride Tech setup for control arms with the shock mount... geez... expensive! I was stumbling across the various Lincoln friendly sites... and I found this....

http://www.bcfab.com/1961-1969-Lincoln- ... _1942.html

Wow... Awesome price... exactly what I was looking for. I called them to get more details... They said that they just released it and I would be one of the first to get them. I jumped right on it. I clarified if you have to remove the sway bar, and they confirmed that it would not be needed since I am running a bagged system. I was actually happy about it, because all those bushings on my car were pretty rotted out.

I received the package after a few days... man.. their stuff is heavy duty. Not that cheap China stuff.. the bars were burly, and the mount was nice and thick. After work, I decided to try to tackle the project... so easy. Overall, it took me a few hours to finish it all up. After you do one side, the other side is cake. A little tip, don't over torque the self tapping screws for the shock mount... just take your time..

This is just some good info for those of you who are bagged and are looking for shocks up front. I am not sponsored by them, I just thought I would help the fellow man out... especially since I am finding out how hard it is to find parts, and the community is fairly small.. so there is a decent amount of info out there (if you look really hard).. but not nearly as much for other makes. Hope this helps everyone else out...
Attachments
BCFAB Shock Mounts.jpg
Before Pic.jpg
Hardware Removed.jpg
Underside.jpg
Shock Top.jpg
Bar Mount 1.jpg
Bar Mount 2.jpg
Bar Mount 3.jpg
Shock Complete 1.jpg
Shock Complete 2.jpg
Pass Shock Complete.jpg
Instagram: @jonelloh
Flatblacklincoln

Re: BCFAB 61-69 Front Shock Relocation –Finally an easy solu

Post by Flatblacklincoln »

i saw that on BCs Instagram the other day, slick set up. I wish I knew they were going to make these I would of totally waited...
64 sedan
Instagram @JJCUMMINGS
syfe1
Occasional Visitor

Post by syfe1 »

I know what you mean. I ended up buying that Impala shock relocation kit, but lagged on putting them in because most people install them on the inside (toward the car). I have my Accuair elevel sensors there, and was lagging on relocating them. I got lucky when I was surfing around the web looking for cup kits and found that BCFAB made an awesome shock kit. So far, it rides great... no problems at all, and plenty of room.
whitecastle
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by whitecastle »

Sweet. I've had the mobsteel kit for a number of years now but always lamented having to cut into the engine bay to mount the shocks on that kit as well as notching out the lower control arms. The bottom of the shock mounts are also precariously close to the steering linkage.

Since they are mounted at the front, how are the clearances for rims and while turning?
Steve
1965 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr Sedan - 2011 - Present - Mobsteel F/R - Accuair eLevel
1965 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr Sedan - 2011 - Stripped for parts
1964 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr Sedan - 1999 - Didn't run, couldn't fix, sold
syfe1
Occasional Visitor

Post by syfe1 »

I've had zero problems with the kit so far. No rubbing at all with my 20's. I was worried about that too, so when i installed it, i went lock to lock checking clearances.... more than an inch on each side... not bad for the cost... and no additional fabrication.
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Very nice. I'll have to buy this kit for my 67 #JFKRide with BCFab kit on it.

Return to “Updating, Modernizing, and Customizing”