1968 Lincoln Air ride- rear uneven

This area is for those who need help modernizing their Lincoln for purposes other than strict restoration. Such questions can be about adding an electric fuel pump, adding fuel injection, boosting horsepower or gas mileage, or tightening or lowering the suspension. Body customizing and chopping can also be here (although this practice is not encouraged by the LCOC).

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

Lincoln22
Occasional Visitor

1968 Lincoln Air ride- rear uneven

Post by Lincoln22 »

Hi there,
So I finally got back to working on my Lincoln. Been a year or so since the air suspension has been installed. I didn't realize this issue until just last night. At ride height my front end is level but the rear is not but the bags are set at the same pressure. Any one have any idea why one side would be higher than the other. I have the mobsteel 4 link set up on 22 inch rims. Tires are fully air at the same pressure. Just over scratching my head over this issue. Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you
syfe1
Occasional Visitor

Re: 1968 Lincoln Air ride- rear uneven

Post by syfe1 »

That's pretty normal. weight for each corner is different. When I had my Shoebox and my 64 lincoln on parker valves I had to sit in the car, and have my wife run around the car with a tape measure to get all level. Every corner had different pressure. That is why I ended up switching both to Accuair elevel, set the level... never worry about pressure. Another reason could be 1 of the components on that side may be a fraction off... again.. kind of normal... but the beauty of adjustable air ride, would be to change the pressure to accommodate. Hope this helps.
Instagram: @jonelloh

Return to “Updating, Modernizing, and Customizing”