HHO; "Browns Gas"; Water to run your car?

This area is for those who need help modernizing their Lincoln for purposes other than strict restoration. Such questions can be about adding an electric fuel pump, adding fuel injection, boosting horsepower or gas mileage, or tightening or lowering the suspension. Body customizing and chopping can also be here (although this practice is not encouraged by the LCOC).

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

navguy12
Addicted to Lincolns

HHO; "Browns Gas"; Water to run your car?

Post by navguy12 »

Not sure if this is the right place to put this....

http://water4gas.com/2books.htm?hop=hybridhere

Is the info in this link for real? Can anyone with expertise in the concept perhaps take a look and see if this is just BS?

Thanks
Mike Stortini
1985 Cartier Town Car Sold 10 Nov 2013
1977 Lincoln Continental Sold 27 April 2012
Batawa Ontario
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: HHO; "Browns Gas"; Water to run your car?

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Hmmm... It appears to be an electrolysis kit that allows the Oxygen and Hydrogen generated from water to be burned in addition to your fuel misture. It could have some effect, but I have my doubts. I will have to search the net more on this one.
navguy12
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by navguy12 »

Thanks Dan. I've also asked some of my ex air-force friends to have a look.....
Mike Stortini
Batawa Ontario
jsanford
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by jsanford »

I think they tested it on Mythbusters. The volume of hydrogen produced was infinitesimal .

Jeremy
LCOC Western Region Webmaster & Northern CA Activities Coordinator.
SlabSide
Frequent Contributor

Post by SlabSide »

Yep, saw it on Mythbusters also, it's busted. They did pump straight hydrogen gas from a cylinder down the carb and blew the engine in 10 seconds, that was pretty cool.
navguy12
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by navguy12 »

Thanks, I knew it was too good to be true!
Mike Stortini
Batawa Ontario
clark
Occasional Visitor

Post by clark »

http://www.hydrogenht.com/index.html

An interesting company which produces these "brown gas" units.

Hmmmmm..........
Slick Fan
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Slick Fan »

I've noticed the more the gas prices rise, the more "ideas" seem to come out of the woodwork. There's currently at least a dozen ads on our local freebie classifieds from guys selling the 'miracle fuel' things...people just trying to cash in on the big scare. :roll:
I'd buy into an idea from some oddball scientist before I'd buy some 'miracle fuel kit' advertised in the classifieds. :smt011
----------------------------------------
-Grant

1977 Glass Roof Town Car
hissst

Post by hissst »

Hello, Wow this a DEAD post !

Let's revive it :lol:

No scammer here, I have nothing to sell or gain.. (well maybe some friends) but I have done extensive research and know a person who has a company in Clearwater Florida that has been building big rig versions and putting them on fleets around the country for 15 years.. all repeat customers, so if its a scam, its incredibly good as I have never heard of repeat customers to a scam, infact they save about 15% on fuel, big boost in horsepower and torque and they do less regular maintenance because, well, have you ever taken apart a propane motor and inspected it? look it up if not, its practically brand new in the combustion areas, same goes for popping in a little HHO into your mixture, makes a cleaner motor, to punch up this point there are professional services that clean the inside of your motor by running large amounts of HHO through the motor:
https://www.engineclean.uk/how-it-works/ (Example of company)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro8IFUYryPg (Example of results from company -there are many other better videos, that was the first I found).

OK, I want to clear up a few things:
HHO = Browns Gas = Oxy-Hydrogen Gas - although there are claims that are some differences, the differences are just how many Hs and Os are forming in the gas, and how effective that makes the gas.. :o

For Simplicity sake though, and really, its all the same but kinda like different octanes of gasoline, but its all gasoline!

Oxy-Hydrogen https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxyhydrogen is very well known from the early 1800s when it was in use as illuminating gas [i[]which is how we had lights in towns before electricity (And after candles ;)] (Google "Town Gas")[/i] into the early 1900s on the earliest combustion engines, including the first combustion engine (1860s). Current Science has been toying with it from the 1700s and well before that if you want to get biblical :shhh:

Browns Gas Is an unrelated rediscovery of Oxy-Hydrogen tech

HHO is a newer unrelated rediscovery of Oxy-Hydrogen tech https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqjn3mup1So

The above is over simplified, do your own research, there are crazy claims about HHO and Browns gas that all of a sudden are proven scientific fact when looking at Oxy-Hydrogen from 200 years ago... and some claims are just crazy, ! -But so am I...

My point is: HHO is what I am going to call this stuff in this thread for no other reason than ease of typing

I hope you guys do your own research, I hope I helped a bit with the very over simplified explanation above , one thing to note is that ALL fuels are Hydrogen based.. all. But most are Hydro-Carbons, HHO is just the hydro (H) without the carbon and a with bit of Oxygen.

AAAAANYWHO, Let's get on with my project :clap:

I am not going to run my water alone :roll: , supposedly a few people have done it, But that's not what I am after with this project (I have another project making a lawn mower run on pure HHO from tap water with no electrolyte but that's in a whole other book, or at least chapter.)

I am going to create HHO from water WITH electrolyte (Just normal Electrolysis) and feed it into my 460s air intake :dpuke: I want to see what happens, I expect, more horsepower, and cleaner exhaust and cleaner sparkkplugs and combustion areas, and I definitely expect better mileage, even if its ten percent :dance:

In a nutshell my project is like this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxfo-w0ptEo

Because the test subject is pre-electronic with my 75' Lincoln Town I will see the gains (or not) pretty easily. This will be a dirty "works or doesn't" test :)

:naughty: I don't mean for this thread to be a theoretical argument about science ( that happens on many forums), please comment if you have something to add or some encouragement of my real world testing, I am going to put my money where my mouth and show you the results regardless, if you have experience by all means pipe up ! even if its its lessons learned or why you gave up, but theoretical arguments about "no way hydrogen is actually split from water with electricity" or even if "adding more hydro to a hydro-carbon combustion motor is against science and wouldn't do anything anyway" is way, way, way below this topic :D The Science is very very sound, -no arguing- Because I want to settle this once and for all in an old school science wise, by SEEing for myself in the physical universe if the postulates work.

I'll update with pics and details of my mods :)

See you soon. (Feel to PM if Im taking to long to answer anything on here)
Attachments
It's even Blue like water ! How can I fail?
It's even Blue like water ! How can I fail?
Vancouver Island Canada
My Car(s):
1975 Lincoln Continental Town Car 7.5 liter
Plus:
1978 Ford Thunderbird 6.4 liter
2019 Custom built (By Me) Skeletal Car with 1974 Ford Pinto Motor 2 liter
1988 Ford Diesel Cube 7.2? liter
2006 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3 liter
2005 Dodge Magnum 5.7 liter Hemi
action
LCOC Regional Director

Post by action »

Oh my.

Is this a popcorn moment?

Action
Phoenix - Yeah, it's hot, however it's a dry heat
2006 Lincoln Navigator Limited 5.4l 3V
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2DR Coupe Diamond Anniversary 4.6l DOHC, 4R70W, 3.07
1970 Continental Mark III Triple Black 460 4v, C6, 2.80 (Used for Woodward Dream Cruise or just generally stored in Michigan)
1966 Lincoln Continental 4DR Convertible 462 4v, C6, 3.00
1966 Mercury Park Lane 4DR Breezeway 410 4v, C6, 2.80
CARRJ142

Post by CARRJ142 »

Goobers, I like the nuts.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

There are no dead threads on this forum. Only lost threads. Old threads.

The best threads are many years old from newest to oldest posts.
hissst

Post by hissst »

It is a popcorn moment :)

CARRJ142, you mean crazy peoples?

So far I have a bunch of stainless steel and a giant pickle jar, so no pictures yet :)

Yes, I guess it cant be a dead thread if it is still on here, just a deep slumber!
Vancouver Island Canada
My Car(s):
Plus:
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

I'm old enough to remember that J.C. Whitney always had some gadget for sale that either squirted water into your carb, or had something magnetic or whatever to strap to your gas line. At a buck eighty-five, I'm even running the Town Car everyday. Wayne
hissst

Post by hissst »

papawayne wrote:I'm old enough to remember that J.C. Whitney always had some gadget for sale that either squirted water into your carb, or had something magnetic or whatever to strap to your gas line. At a buck eighty-five, I'm even running the Town Car everyday. Wayne
Yeah My Dad remembers how much gas he saved on a fuel heater, talk about it all the time wishing he could get another one. The water one I have not heard of but I have heard or racers dumping water through their carb for big boost in horse power but I dont know the details, just that the expansion of water to steam can really pound a cylinder and the horse power increase is amazing, but again, I have only heard racers talk of it. The magnet thing only worked on unfracked fuels supposedly, as soon as they changed the fuels in the late 70s (I think) it stopped working, I dont remember the principles of it, just remember how it died.

I'm driving mine everyday too !

UPDATE: I have a pickle jar !

I'm kidding, I'm working on the high voltage setup right now, got the transformer and high voltage capacitor, cutting down the stainless electrodes and selecting the right vessel now.
Vancouver Island Canada
My Car(s):
Plus:

Return to “Updating, Modernizing, and Customizing”