1960's Lincoln Hearses

Any Lincoln fact related question can be posted here. Questions such as how many Contintenal convertibles were produced in MY1965? How much was the Town Car option in 1969? What size of tire was standard on a 1953 Premiere? or Does the Mark II retractible prototype still exist?

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

AnthLinc
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by AnthLinc »

Actually Lincolns of the 60's were never used for conversions of hearses. The only ones you will find are ones people have made in they own garage. Lehman Peterson was the only company making commercial size cars for Lincolns at this time. The 1970's saw the introduction of Lincoln hearses in post war years.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3806837

[ 1966 Lincoln Conv't ]
[ 1966 Lincoln Conv't Parts Car ]
[ 1972 Lincoln Limo ]
59lincolnrag
Occasional Visitor

59 flower car

Post by 59lincolnrag »

Walter .........
The 59 flower car you are speaking of was owned by Cris Afflick Not sure of the spelling ....
It was maple leaf metallic (deep maroon) with the dusty rose (light pink) interior ......It was at New Hope Auto show in the 70's....
Very cool .....badly rusted on the underside.... not sure if he still has it ....
I fabricated all the sheet metal to repair such a beast ....since my own car was termites holding hands ......just too big a job.
1959 MK-IV Coupe with A/C Black Tri-power
1959 MK-IV Convt with A/C White / White
1984 Lincoln Mark VII Base Model 2.4 Turbo Diesel
2002 Lincoln Blackwood
2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited
W. Higgins
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by W. Higgins »

Yeah, I've seen Mr. Affleck's flower car. That was about three years ago now. It's a mess, but I think salvageable. It was not for sale at that time, and apparently there is a long waiting list to get to it if it ever is.

There was a limo for sale at the Cherry Hill meet that fits the description of your car. It was marketed along with some poor information. Interesting car, but you could build a pyramid for the labor it would take to save it.
Barry Norman
Lincoln Maniac

59 Flower car

Post by Barry Norman »

This must be the same car I saw in Hershey about 1974. It really looked good at that time! Still looking for the pictures of it. Barry
57 Premier conv
58 MK III conv
60 MK V conv
61 Continental conv
66 Continental conv
59lincolnrag
Occasional Visitor

60 limo

Post by 59lincolnrag »

Yes I took a few shots of that limo ......Im not too crazy about the 60 model ....
The poor thing needs everything .....good for parts ........
2002 Lincoln Blackwood
W. Higgins
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: 60 limo

Post by W. Higgins »

59lincolnrag wrote:Yes I took a few shots of that limo ......Im not too crazy about the 60 model ....
The poor thing needs everything .....good for parts ........

First, sorry I missed you at the meet, Anthony. Sam later told me that you were there.

The seller has his facts all screwed up. The flyer said "Production number 38 - the last one made for Jack Kelly" (unless he is saying it is the last car made for Jack Kelly and not the last H&E made, but someone who had spoken with the seller relayed it to me as him saying the last H&E limo made - and that would be impossible anyway as 38 Lincoln's had not yet come off the line at the time his car was built). His car is production number 36, just making it the 36th 1960 Lincoln produced, not a H&E number. And beside that, if I remember correctly, there were 34 limousines produced in '60.

The highest known production number H&E I have on record is a '60 limousine - 0Y99H417097. With this one I now know of 43 H&E's in existence, eight of which I have no serial numbers for but am certain they are not redundant.

It was neat to see, though. The vent control built into the divider used '59 style knobs, proving that they used up excess inventory on the early '60 H&E cars.
59lincolnrag
Occasional Visitor

The princess Car ..............

Post by 59lincolnrag »

Yes Hello Walter ….I think we walked right past each other……
Made for Jack Kelly ???
That Limo may be in fact the Princess Grace Kelly car.
I found it years ago in Blackwood NJ it was running and in good shape. It had a gold factory Id Plate and the paperwork proving ownership as well…..
The car was sold to a man in Berlin NJ ….he had a Texaco Station the car was driven for a while and then disappeared again…..
The car originally resided at the Kelly’s Ocean City NJ shore home at 41st street….
FYI.
There is another 60 Limo a block away from my house …. I’m sure it can be had for a small fee ……(No… Elvis did not sit in it ) I believe the owner lost interest in it. The previous owner who has a Sunoco station primed it and was getting ready to paint it just before the sale ….this guy had several of these cars. One was painted gray with green flames , lake pipes ……. White vinyl tuck and roll seats ……………What a mess ….an old school hot rodder on crack….
I also have a friend Lee, who owns a 59 rag top that I restored many years ago and a 1960 Limo ………………..he has quite a collection of cars
There is a 1958 Coupe all black with all the options in the neighborhood ….are you out there Roy?? Last seen at the 1980 New Hope Show …..How about Jim Devlins 1959 Black Coupe what happened to that one ?? He had all the paperwork from day one …
Not sure if Jim is still around …
DID YOU SEE THE 1958 LIMO...Item number: 270134020436
Very cool .....................
1959 MK-IV Coupe with A/C Black Tri-power
1959 MK-IV Convt with A/C White / White
1984 Lincoln Mark VII Base Model 2.4 Turbo Diesel
2002 Lincoln Blackwood
W. Higgins
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by W. Higgins »

Hiya Tony,

Just caught that part of your post with the Ebay number. I know of that car and thought John sold it a few years ago. Very unusual.

If you are able to get the data plate information from any of those H&E cars your run across, I'd appreciate having it. I'm certain there are more I still don't have recorded.
norgale
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: 1960's Lincoln Hearses

Post by norgale »

I can't believe that all these car buffs couls see all these really exceptional cars and nobody has even one picture of any of them. You gentlemen should be ashamed. ☺
Pete McGill LCOC 023903M
2006 Dodge Pickup 2500 v-8 Magnum Hemi
1981 Lincoln Continental Mark 6

ON TIME IS WHEN I GET THERE.
Steve K
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: 1960's Lincoln Hearses

Post by Steve K »

There are a few 60s Lincoln Hearses around. I know nothing of their providence but I think there are more pictures in the "Freaky" Lincoln pages of this forum.
Attachments
1ab07099cdb38181dbaaef7e9d83e339.jpg
86e66d51385e1e4a21ab40f14076c18c.jpg
2018 Lincoln Continental
1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan
1948 Mercury Town Sedan,
1959 Mercury Montclair