Need help authenticating my 1963 lincoln convertible

Any Lincoln fact related question can be posted here. Questions such as how many Contintenal convertibles were produced in MY1965? How much was the Town Car option in 1969? What size of tire was standard on a 1953 Premiere? or Does the Mark II retractible prototype still exist?

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

twistedlincoln

Need help authenticating my 1963 lincoln convertible

Post by twistedlincoln »

I am new to the forum, but I own two Lincoln Continental convertibles. My recent purchase is a 1963 convertible. The car spent most of its life in California, and made its way to Minnesota in 2006. The car is in impeccable condition, and I have a folder of service records since 1973. I found out through notes and receipts that this car was used in the filming of a movie or television show in 1982. I am wondering if anyone can help me figure out what movie or show the Car was in? None of this information is in the paperwork. I am coming up short on google, for 1983 or 1984 movies with lincoln convertibles in it. Also, I have tried to reach out to a couple of the old owners but phone numbers are disconnected. Are there any lincoln owners in the Northern California area that know of or knew the old owners of this car? Here are the names of the owners:

Donald Wray Miller in San Francisco, or Sausalito CA
Mike Jones, San Rafael, CA
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Need help authenticating my 1963 lincoln convertible

Post by papawayne »

Hey twisted...I just noticed that no one responded to your post and that means no one welcomed you to the forum...I'm guessing that after a few days you didn't bother coming back, since you are listed as having made only one post. So anyway, if you are still checking us out once in a while, welcome! There is a wealth of information on this forum, all from folks who love the same cars you do...I can't help you with the movie or TV thing, but somebody might be able to...Wayne
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Need help authenticating my 1963 lincoln convertible

Post by Dan Szwarc »

A picture might help. The Internet Movie Car Database might help. Otherwise, I think you're going to get responses based on how much information you share.