Continentals used at Montreal EXPO 67

Any Lincoln fact related question can be posted here. Questions such as how many Contintenal convertibles were produced in MY1965? How much was the Town Car option in 1969? What size of tire was standard on a 1953 Premiere? or Does the Mark II retractible prototype still exist?

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

DavidinHartford

Re: Continentals used at Montreal EXPO 67

Post by DavidinHartford »

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip Mountbatten, Duke of Edinburgh pictured standing and waving from the rear seats of an open top Lincoln Continental car to spectators lining the streets of Ottawa during a royal tour of Canada in July 1967
Attachments
24946211023_ee02d4f18f_b.jpg
DavidinHartford

Post by DavidinHartford »

daves wrote:I saw this in Wikipedia and it refers to a 1967 royal motorcade
That Wikipedia caption is incorrect. These photos are from 1978. You can see a custom Mark V convertible behind the Queens older convertible.
These are from when the Queen, Prince Philip, and their two younger sons, Andrew and Edward, were at the opening of the 1978 Commonwealth Games, in Edmonton, Alberta.
Attachments
q1.jpg
The Queen, Prince Philip, and their two younger sons, Andrew and Edward.  1978  Edmonton, Alberta.
The Queen, Prince Philip, and their two younger sons, Andrew and Edward. 1978 Edmonton, Alberta.
q3.jpg
daves
Occasional Visitor

Post by daves »

Excellent correction, thank you David. I saw the Remembrance Day ceremony from Ottawa on TV this morning. The Governor General arrived in an, ugh, Chevrolet Suburban. I guess the Town Car has been retired. Of course, neither can compare to when they use the carriage and travel with horse power
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

thank you both for the pictures, I had looked at wicipedia before, but not found anything. I will try again. The lighter car is close, but mine was pewter when new.
My computer skills are lacking, and I had let this search go cold, but now I feel motivated to re start. Please forgive the slow reply, somehow I missed this until today.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

I was working and living in Edmonton in 78 and remember that scene on the TV news. Don't know if that was a local car, but I do remember an ivy gold 66 conv. in the early '90s in Edm. It was for sale for C$8,000. Too rich for me at that time.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.