How many factory triple black convertibles in 63?

Any Lincoln fact related question can be posted here. Questions such as how many Contintenal convertibles were produced in MY1965? How much was the Town Car option in 1969? What size of tire was standard on a 1953 Premiere? or Does the Mark II retractible prototype still exist?

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Locky

How many factory triple black convertibles in 63?

Post by Locky »

Hi Guys,

I have been trawling the forums here for a while but this is my first post.
I have been looking for a 62-64 continental for as long as I can remember waiting for the right car to come along.
Living in Queensland, Australia makes that harder than you would think!

Anyway after years of just looking and watching Lincolns come and go I have finally pulled the trigger and bought a 1963 Factory triple black convertible. (build plate shows "A" colour and "86" interior)
The car is unrestored but in amazing condition (only top has been replaced, factory paint, trim and chrome) everything works including the top as it should, no rust!, factory aircon, has never been cut or modified at all (never even had a cd player) all the tags check out and it's a true factory triple black "Home office reserve" car.

My question is;
Is there any way of finding out how many factory triple black convertibles were made in 63?
I understand there was 3,138 convertibles made in total in 63, do we know the breakdown of these by colour?

Any help would be much appreciated, I know its a very desirable combination (having said that I think our cars look good in any colour) but would be interested to know how rare it actually is?
Attachments
image00061.jpg
1963 triple black convertible in Queensland, Australia.
RMAENV
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: How many factory triple black convertibles in 63?

Post by RMAENV »

Those records were lost in the Wixom fire. Only records from 1967 and up remain. Marti Auto works owns them. Look here... http://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm
Rob
1966 Lincoln Convertible (White/Black)
1957 Chevy Bel Air Resto-Mod (Anthricite/Black)
2009 Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi (Hemi Orange Pearl/Black)
2012 Expedition EL (White Titanium Tricoat/Charcoal)
Locky

Post by Locky »

ah ok, that sucks but thats for the info. I want to try and see if I can trace back the ownership and work out the car's history.
Being a home office reserve car I'd be keen to know who the first owner was. might have to start making some enquiries...
1963 triple black convertible in Queensland, Australia.
MMM
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by MMM »

Looks beautiful. Do you have any interior pictures you can post as well?