Cypress Edition Town Car

Any Lincoln fact related question can be posted here. Questions such as how many Contintenal convertibles were produced in MY1965? How much was the Town Car option in 1969? What size of tire was standard on a 1953 Premiere? or Does the Mark II retractible prototype still exist?

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

badwf
Lincoln Maniac

Cypress Edition Town Car

Post by badwf »

Just purchased a 1996 Lincoln Town Car Signaure Series Cypress Edition that was a one owner car originally bought from Covington Pike Lincoln-Mercury (long gone) dealership in Memphis, Tennessee. It has a very unique color, for sure!

I'm trying to find out more about that specific trim option. I know that it is a limited production vehicle...the first Town Car to offer their mystic paint color scheme and that it has a two tone leather seats. However, I don't know much more about it. What research I have found on the internet say that they were limited to only 150 units (I take that 'fact' with a grain of salt).

Does anyone know more info about the Cypress Edition?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
David Ferguson

Lincoln MotorCars - Luxury in Motion
http://home.olemiss.edu/~badwf/lincoln.html
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: Cypress Edition Town Car

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Nice find. Yep, it's a true factory made car. Everything that I have read has also stated only 150 were made. They're not common, but you can find them every once in a great while. They were built with mystic paint and two-toned seats as you had mentioned. These were originally only available/or offered first for purchase by those that had already owned a Lincoln in the past. The car should be a slick top, which I see yours is, and it should also have two-toned floormats from the factory. I never could really get warmed up to the interior, but the exterior on these is nice. Almost always, they came with the 16" wheel option.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
bigltc
Occasional Visitor

Post by bigltc »

I like the color!!!
ContiFan
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by ContiFan »

The Cypress Edition was a $1,225 mid-year "factory" package offered in very limited numbers on the Signature Series.
badwf
Lincoln Maniac

Post by badwf »

bigltc wrote:I like the color!!!
Thanks! It's certainly a unique color. And it's kinda' cool see it change colors as you turn a corner. The first time it happened it blew me away...while I was driving, the hood appeared to be gold; but, as I turned at an intersection, the hood appeared to a change to a 'sand' color...real awesome! I'm liking it more and more.
David Ferguson

linc64
TLFer for Life

Post by linc64 »

:smt023
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Photobucket link blocked by PB
Join the LCOC
Join the Lincoln Motorcar Foundation
badwf
Lincoln Maniac

Post by badwf »

One of more curious aspects I have observed of the mystic paint on the Cypress Edition is that the brighter the light, the darker the color appears on the Town Car.

In the bright sun, it looks almost carmel colored; while at night, it's appears to be a very light tan (similar to the Cartier parchment color). I have to say it is a unique experience to have the car change colors right before your eyes...totally amazing! :shock:
David Ferguson

Jur de Jong
Lincoln Maniac

Post by Jur de Jong »

The 96 Cypress is one of my favorites.

8)
Jur de Jong

1997 Lincoln Town Car
1975 Lincoln Mk IV Gold-Cream Luxury Group (sold)
http://mercuryclub.multiforum.nl/viewto ... ercuryclub