Mark V Rocker Panel Moldings - Mark IV & V compatibility?

Any Lincoln fact related question can be posted here. Questions such as how many Contintenal convertibles were produced in MY1965? How much was the Town Car option in 1969? What size of tire was standard on a 1953 Premiere? or Does the Mark II retractible prototype still exist?

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

MMM
Dedicated Enthusiast

Mark V Rocker Panel Moldings - Mark IV & V compatibility?

Post by MMM »

Hello,

I have a pair of bright aluminum rocker panel moldings for a '77-'79 Mark for sale online currently.

I received a question from someone asking if they would fit on a Mark IV. I gave him the only answer I had - I didn't know! :)

Does anyone here know if the moldings on a Mark IV match? Off-hand I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure one way or the other.

Thanks!
mwmwall
Occasional Visitor

Re: Mark V Rocker Panel Moldings - Mark IV & V compatibility

Post by mwmwall »

I just saw this. The Mark V is slightly shorter than the Mark IV but appears otherwise almost identical. How do I know this? I bought a rocker from someone to replace my more battered Mark IV molding and when I stacked them up together the V was definitely shorter by around 1/2 inch IIRC.

Hope this helps.

Just found this picture and added it for reference. The Mark IV is the longer molding with a slight difference on one end. 2/27/14
Attachments
DSC01309.JPG
Mark

1976 Lincoln Mark IV Cartier
1989 Bentley Mulsanne 'S'
1979 VW Cabriolet Epilog edition 1 of 500 all black
2 daily drivers
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Well, the overall length of the V is more than the IV, but the wheelbase may be a tad shorter--they did use a different frame for the Mark V than they used for the Mark IV.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
onedollarbob
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by onedollarbob »

The wheelbase is listed as the same for both IV and V: 120.4"

I'd guess the wheel well openings are different.
1979 Mark V Collector's Series -- Sold
1983 Mark VI Signature Series coupe -- R.I.P.
1989 Mark VII LSC

"After the final No there comes a Yes / And on that Yes the future of the world hangs." --Wallace Stevens