Transmission Cooler Line "Quick Disconnect" fitting

Engine, fuel system, cooling system, heating, carburetors, exhaust, transmission, wheels, and other items related to the moving the car.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

audioresearch
Frequent Contributor

Transmission Cooler Line "Quick Disconnect" fitting

Post by audioresearch »

Please indulge me because I am asking a question about a Ford ATX automatic transmission. I can't help myself from doing this even though it is probably not used in any Lincolns, because this forum is often the ONLY place I can find hard-to-find information. And, after all, this is a Ford plus I own 2 1978 Continental Mark Vs, so I hope I can be forgiven!

I am trying to find a replacement part for the quick disconnect fitting that threads into the upper hole for cooler lines on my ATX transmission. Any information at all will be appreciated including the original Ford part number and any manufacturer names and part numbers for parts that can replace it.

The Ford Master parts catalog I have skips over this part and therefore I have been unable to find the Ford part number.

The end of this part that threads into the transmission case seems to have a tapered thread that is a non-standard thread. I measured the thread diameter and it took up on my ruler .5" plus maybe ten percent to maybe 25 percent of the next 1/16" mark on the ruler. I measured what seemed to be the largest diameter portion of this male thread.

Maybe, and this is just a guess, its thread would be a male tapered metric M13 if such a size existed or very close to it. But I can't find any such size as the charts I found skip over the M13 size. I've already tried Napa, Ebay, Amazon, and a general Google search and so far have found no replacement part or even any information that would describe the original part or a replacement part.

Thanks very much for any information.

Audioresearch